Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all,
i thought posting some thing regarding this a must, firstly as a thanks to "steve" for selling me the thing! and secondly to try a quash some of the myths regarding weather these things actually work!!
i got mine Tuesday morning..:~).. and thanks to the (dummy proof) instructions had the thing on in two mins!
now ive never had a car remaped so cant really compare the differences! but im very happy indeed... ive a 110 HDI estate... and it pulls like a train now. will sit happily at 35mph in 5th!!!! and pull strongly right up to the red line!
example:
leading up to my home i have a mile stretch of private road. and the middle section "tree markers" is ware i test my cars!
1st tree 40mph-4th gear... and trout it up to the second tree.. my rover 75 td would hit 80mph as would my pug.... but with this box on it will hit 80mhp and almost back down to 40 again.. i know this is not a true test but was enough to make me smile and put a smile on my face!
i cant say much for the (similar) items fleabay are selling.. though they do boast doing the same job :~/
my system is from DTUK, and although i have seen them on there they are more expensive........... "but yep they do work"
thanks again Steven "TOP MAN" :thumb:

·
Registered
179 Posts
I have a DTUK (red) tuning box as well

They do work very well indeed. Most of the knockers that just diss these boxes have obviously never tried them - or have tried older versions that were shite.

I had no hassle or problem whatsoever over 9K miles. Loads more power, loads more torque and better MPG - who says you cannot have your cake and eat it ? ;)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Charlie said:
I have a DTUK (red) tuning box as well

They do work very well indeed. Most of the knockers that just diss these boxes have obviously never tried them - or have tried older versions that were shite.

I had no hassle or problem whatsoever over 9K miles. Loads more power, loads more torque and better MPG - who says you cannot have your cake and eat it ? ;)
LOL i know... although im guessing its put mine down to about 20mpg.. my right foot has suddenly become very heavy indeed!!! should be fun driving down 2 see my parents next week! 200 mile motor way stint!!!!

·
Registered
179 Posts
If you boot them, then yes they pick up more quickly and they drink derv - BUT on the motorways you should find that you will need less throttle to perform the same speeds - and that overtakes can be done more quickly when the pedal is pressed down...overall you should find that your average MPG increases by about 10% I reckon ;)

·
Super Moderator
1,807 Posts
First of all thanks for the feedback! Glad you are enjoying it!

When I had this on my 307 it was fantastic and when the inital novelty of the extra power wore off there was a noticable increase in mpg. It's also nice to know that any other Pugs of similar age probably won't be able to keep up!

Kind of hope the extra power novelty will wear off soon! Just got myself a Volvo S40 2.4 D5. 180bhp! But my God it can drink when you send it on!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
stevoxsi said:
First of all thanks for the feedback! Glad you are enjoying it!

When I had this on my 307 it was fantastic and when the inital novelty of the extra power wore off there was a noticable increase in mpg. It's also nice to know that any other Pugs of similar age probably won't be able to keep up!

Kind of hope the extra power novelty will wear off soon! Just got myself a Volvo S40 2.4 D5. 180bhp! But my God it can drink when you send it on!
omg.... 180bhp.. now aint diesels coming on with leaps n bounds!! shudder to think what that goes like?
im guessing here that the ever growing popularity is reflected in the cost of fuel! ............ TUT :nono:

·
Super Moderator
1,807 Posts
Goes like shit off a polished chrome shovel! Drive her easy she'll do 40-45mpg. Send her on? Low teens! Great fun and the 5 cylinder engine sounds brilliant.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
stevoxsi said:
Goes like shit off a polished chrome shovel! Drive her easy she'll do 40-45mpg. Send her on? Low teens! Great fun and the 5 cylinder engine sounds brilliant.
ok ok .. stop showing off!......... tut... LOL :lol:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have one of these boxes on my 110 hdi,just done a trip to folkestone and back loaded to the brim with kids etc and averaged 52mpg over 914 miles and thats from a 185000 miler,power and torque much improved-happy days:thumb:

·
Registered
83 Posts
I remaped my own 362 ecu and it went like the clappers, Some of the cheaper tuning boxes are simply resistors fooling the high pressure sensor to read a lower pressure so the systems runs at a higher pressure, The more expensive models are mapped ones giving more fuel at certain revs much more efficient

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
ktnch said:
I remaped my own 362 ecu and it went like the clappers, Some of the cheaper tuning boxes are simply resistors fooling the high pressure sensor to read a lower pressure so the systems runs at a higher pressure, The more expensive models are mapped ones giving more fuel at certain revs much more efficient
ktnch mate, what are you trying to do?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.