Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys got this message today just after I filled up with diesel (diesel particulate fuild low) so me being a numty what do I need and how do i go about it.
I have a 407 sport 2.0 hdi 136

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
You need to get the EOLYS tank refilled and get someone with Planet or a better sort of reader to reset the tank counter as it won't reset automatically.

·
5,994 Posts
You need to check the colour of the clip on the additive tank pipe to get the correct fluid

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bit confused

Hi guys bit confused what has the colour of the clip got to do with getting the right eoly

·
5,994 Posts
Peugeot used more than one type of fluid on vehicles dependent on build. There was no hard cut off date when they swapped to a different fluid.

They used different colour couplings on the tank filler to identify what fluid the vehicle was filled with to ensure it was filled with the correct type as some could not be mixed.

Most dealers even ask for the clip colour as service box does not give the exact detail making a VIN or reg number lookup useless

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the information will be topping up this weekend and hopefully find someone close with a planet

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hi RWB. I've got a 407 136 HDi like Scotman. I read your article about how the additive and regeneration works. A couple of questions. If regeneration doesn't burn off the additive, what happens to what remains in the DPF? Did it build up and eventually render the DPF useless?

Also, I don't have heated mirrors but will there be an active wire in the door loom that I could connect to a LED to indicate when it's regenerating? Knowing that is regenerating, should I do anything different or is it a case of 'good to know' what is doing.

·
5,034 Posts
Hi RWB. I've got a 407 136 HDi like Scotsman. I read your article about how the additive and regeneration works. A couple of questions. If regeneration doesn't burn off the additive, what happens to what remains in the DPF? Did it build up and eventually render the DPF useless?

Also, I don't have heated mirrors but will there be an active wire in the door loom that I could connect to a LED to indicate when it's regenerating? Knowing that is regenerating, should I do anything different or is it a case of 'good to know' what is doing.
Yes eventually the dpf needs replacement.
No heated mirrors is unusual is yours an 'S' spec or not UK model ??

Sent from my K013 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
82 Posts
Yes eventually the dpf needs replacement.
No heated mirrors is unusual is yours an 'S' spec or not UK model ??

Sent from my K013 using Tapatalk
Ok. Sounds expensive.

I'm in Ecuador and is locally delivered. I've been told that the distributor brought 2 HDis into the country back in '06, and I have one of them. On the motor registry papers it shows mine as being a SRI 2.0 SW, so that's way off. I think mine is a bit of a 3rd world edition. Alarm, rain sensing wipers, but no folding or heated mirrors. No passenger seat height adjustment. No rear arm rest. No HDi badge.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Only ~10% of the additive remains in the DPF after a regeneration, which is approx the content of Cerium Oxide, the catalyst that lowers combustion temps of soot. Cerium is a metal with a boiling point of ~3400c, hence why it remains in the DPF.

The rest is burnt off as it's a petroleum distillate. Even without the DPF fluid, the DPF would eventually clog up as when the soot is oxidised into a gaseous state, it is never completely burnt off and parts remain as an ash, especially components such as engine oil.

There are 4 DPF fluids used in pugs:

EOLYS® DPX 42 (White ring) (until ~2002)
EOLYS® 176 (Green Ring) (2002-2010)
Infineum F7995 (Green ring again) (2010 - 2010)
EOLYS® Powerflex (Blue ring) (2010+)

I have also ordered those in terms of date, so DPX42 is in the oldest of cars, Powerflex in the newest. Of course some cars received the newer / older DPF fluid systems on changeover dates and models etc.

Eolys 176 and Infneum F7995 are interchangeable, however the rest must never be mixed / changed!

When it comes for replacement, you can of course go to Peugeot to get the correct fluid.

There are common aftermarket PAT Fluid / JLM PAT fluid is available that supposedly does all three but I would caution against using those.

EOLYS itself is a trademarked name, so when a manufacturer offers a EOLYS, it usually just comes from the same manufacturer PSA uses and is simply repackaged, usually from Solway (Hence why PAT / JLM PAT fluid never says EOLYS on it, as it is their own product and not allowed to).

For Eolys 176, I would recommend Walker 80501 or Bosal 258-971 as both are Eolys branded (Walker preferred as they made the MSDS sheets available and it's definitely from Solvay)

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
82 Posts
One question remains for me. What's the significance of knowing when the car is doing a regen? Keep driving, not switch it off? Try to drive it harder to help put some heat into it? Just so you know why its down on power at that moment?

·
Registered
814 Posts
It's helpful to know when a regen is being done so you don't accidentally stop it from regenerating. Even if it means taking a slight detour. You don't need to drive harder etc. Just drive at 50mph or higher and you should be fine.

Car manufacturers should display how full it is somewhere :mad:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Peugeot planet

Hi guys looking for someone near me with a Peugeot planet as I filled my dpf tank and need the message cleared any help would be much appreciated

1 - 20 of 24 Posts