Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Ive had my Diesel Particulate filter (DPF) replaced as i had the error message come up in the car display. However, i was told that i need to regenerate the DPF. What is regeneration, how much does it cost. and how long does it take.

Since i got the DPF replaced the car is building up a lot of soot and is blowing out soot from the car exhaust. Do i have to do something with the Eloy counter again?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Have you also refilled your eloy, and you say you've replaced the DPF is the error stopped showing on the screen?
Did you or the person that fitted the DPF get the car plugged in to check and clear the fault codes

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi

The error message for the DPF has gone and the Eloy was filled. However, since replaced the DPF was there something else that was needed to do?

R

·
0 Posts
you proberly didnt need a new dpf sounds like your not doing long enough trips at speed to regenerate..to regenerate your dpf all you have to do is go for a drive at higher speeds for a little while and your dpf will automatically regenerate what this dose is the higher sustained speed gets the exhaust nice and hot and it burns off the excess soot thats built up in the dpf..next time you get dpf warning just take it for a blast down the motorway..you can sometimes tell when its regenerating by feeling your mirrors as they get warm..once youve done one regen you will get to know when your car is doing it...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts