Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do i need this will it fail the mot with it removed sorry if its been covered just new to forum just got me an 307 rapier 20 hdi 110 bhp nice enough car but its due a 96,000 service which the said filter need changing /servicing and we had the engine dia light come on for 30 mins on a long drive but went out again so im guess it might be clogged or on the way out

also anyone near me with PP cus i would love to see it plugged in and checked to see whats what

cheers
stu ...

p.s postcode cb7 5xz

·
Registered
552 Posts
I'm not going to give away too much information because this subject on these forums has been done to death, it requires a simple search.

However, the DPF is not required for MOT, neither is the CAT for that matter, I passed my MOT without either one of them.

Your options should the light come on again.

1. Get codes read, plenty of people on here with PP2000, just look on the map
2. Remove the DPF and clean it yourself (fairly simple job)
3. Completely remove the DPF and get a remap for around £350-£400 (Professionally)
4. Completely remove the DPF yourself, if you feel your up to the job.
5. Get butt fucked for a replacement and fitting at a local butt rapist near you.

Phil

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cheers phil for the quick reply

yeah i done the simple search but didnt get anything hence the question

quite fancy the removal and chipping option i know its about 400 for the 2 do you know any good companys in the cambs area that can do this

also im guessing the diesel filter is cheap to replace ? cus that start showing up as a fault saying its clogged

on the whole though its a great car
looking forward to many happy motoring years
and the 136 bhp and 300lbs of torque would be nice

stu ..

·
Registered
552 Posts
Replacing the DPF would be the only option presented to you if you were to take it to a garage to do, and would cost you considerably more than £400.

Unfortunately I do not know of any people in your area, or mine for that matter who offer DPF removal.

Phil

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
20 pms

heyyyyy betty ok i understand where you want me to post but you deleting me prevs post has lost me 5 posts
ggrrrrrr

·
Registered
165 Posts
Get The codes read and the check the pressure readings through someone with planet. :) before you decide which way to go. failed sensors are not that unheard of. esp on the fuel filler cap. which means the whole regen process will grind to a halt. and the filter clogs up.
i think you'll find your also due a timing belt at this service. so be warned. :(

·
Registered
320 Posts
Sorry but this thread is beginning to make me smile.....not because the problem but the way its being read by the person with the problem, be patient sparky and the people here will help you :thumb:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i am patient im on the corrado forum for my car so i know how it all works its just new toy and all and i want to play with it

stvstx timing belt should be a cheap thing shouldn't it we was thinking of going main stealer for the 96k mile service its advertised at £199 but im guessing thats only standard parts included (oil filters etc etc ) not stuff like timing belts ?

stu ..

p.s woo hoo another post closer to my 20

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yeah but is only abit of rubber maybe with 1 hour labour its only going to be about £80

whats the rough cost of it then ??

1 - 18 of 18 Posts