Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting a message that the DPF fluid reads minimum but the tank is full, does anybody know how the system works and is there any way i could put a resistor into the plug to make it work without it being plugged in. My car is a 406 2.2HDI 2002.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Deisel Particle Fluid

Thanks for the quick response, but i have a mate with all the right equipment but it will not allow the reset because it says the tank is empty, i was wondering if there is a way to get round this without replacing the tank, i assume there is a float in the dpf tank that tells it when it is full or empty, i was wondering whether i could put a resister in the electrical connection unknown resistance value at this time. Any help would be appreciated, or if anyone knows how this system works 406 2.2hdi 2002.

·
5,087 Posts
pop over to 406oc and ask..............................a defap is on the cards for you i think :thumb:

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
there isnt a float it cant tell how much is in it so goes by mileage. pp will reset it

·
Registered
648 Posts
As monty says, doesn't sound like the right equipment. Planet will reset it. It's counter based system that simply counts the number of fluid injections into the diesel tank based on a full additive tank at the start (hence a full refill of the fuel tank being better than lots of top ups). Once the additive tank is refilled it just need the counter reset, it's not that intelligent.

G

·
0 Posts
Hi mate, the others are correct - the ECU works out how much is left in the tank.

Add your location to your details on the left and have a peek at the 'Planet map' to see who is local to you. Send a polite PM and your car could be sorted for very little outlay.

Nice car by the way.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts