Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I am looking for any recommendations for a mechanic or garage that are good and have the diagnostic equipment and are knowledgeable with diesel engines. I have a 1.6 308 diesel urban and have an anti pollution warning light. I have taken it to 2 different places and have been told it might be a filter, the exhaust (not blowing), fuel pump, turbo, or all of the above. The car drives but has now power to it. Any suggestions would be greatly welcome.
Thanks
Martin

·
Registered
15,376 Posts
All of what you have been told may be correct

1 Exhaust as in DPF blocked due to lack of proper use leading to no regens

2 Vacuum control to turbo not working this in turn means no boost which would ultimately cause option 1

3 Fuel filter needs changed leads to lack of fuel flow

4 egr valve not closing leading to poor airflow

Cant be bothered listing any more there is no 1 cure for antipollution message its not a fault its a message and although diagnostics can help narrow it down you cannot just plug a computer in and it tells you whats wrong its not that simple hence your results so far.

I would place my bet on a combination of 1 and 2 but it could take a half day to properly diagnose and another half day to remove the DPF and clean it there is no quick fix.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.