Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

My car: 307 2.0 Diesel HDi 90, Jan 2004

Over the last couple of weeks, there has been a slight smell of diesel in the car while driving. Yesterday, I noticed smoke coming from under the bonnet, but it was dark when we got home. The turbo seemed laggy too.

I've checked it out properly now and there is a definite leak where the high pressure fuel pipe enters the accumulator rail. That joint is wet and drips at about 1 drip/sec when the engine is running. :(

Has anyone ever replaced any of these high pressure pipes? I'm tempted to take this to a local garage and get them to do it as it's so core to the way in which the engine works.

Your thoughts!

Cheers,

Tom

·
Registered
315 Posts
no O-ring holds 1300 bar...

OP, you might try (gently) loosening and re-tightening the pipe, but it'll likely need replacing. Best act soon before a drip becomes a dangerous spray.

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
join the club...i have a diesel leak coming from the leakback tubes on my focus...i got the parts from dealer today for near £70! apparently they are an easy replacement.

i got the same symptoms, strong smell of diesel in the car and smoke coming from under the bonnet :lol:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts