Peugeot Forums banner

Diesel leaking around injector area can anyone help me please

4K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  CMax_307 
#1 ·
diesel around injectors 306 hdi
i have just recently brought a 2.0 306 hdi 90bhp and i could smell diesel after i drove it i opened the bonnet and there was a fair bit of diesel around my injectors especially around 2,3,4 going from right to left looking at front of the car just wondered if anyone knew what it could be.

#2 ·
This was on a 407 HDi, but i imagine its the same.

there is a rubber pipe that links all four injectors and returns diesel back to the tank at low pressure. These perish and leak.
I replaced mine, cost about £30 for the part which comes made up with the plastic connector for each injector but are a bit fiddly to fit. A small pin is pulled out which allows the plastic connector to be withdrawn and is a pain if dropped.

If its not that it can be the compression fitting (the one with the nut) at the top of the pipe to the injector, just nip it up with a spanner.

or it could be like mine after the local dealer had done a recall. From the compression fitting to the injector is a straight metal pipe which screws into the injector. When my compression fitting were undone, these become loose and leaked (easily seen by wiping away the excess diesel then starting, you can see it wetting the body and the threads). To tighten these, loosen all the compression fittings, then using a suitable tool (i used a molegrip) tighten them into the injector body, then retighten the compression fittings.

Caution - fuel maybe at high pressure, be careful of eyes when undoing anything, wrap a rag around the fitting and dont do it with a hot engine (it smokes a bit !)

G
#4 ·
bullseye do a length of suitable pipe quite cheaply, think it was around a tenner. High quality braided pipe and ended my leaking easily. I would deffo try this first as they are a pain when they start to go and you end up with an engine bay covered in fuel.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.