Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there
can someone help me with replacing number 1 and 2 diesel pipes on my 1.6 hdi engine,i have removed the airbox and diesel filter ect,but cannot even feel where the pipes meet the rail.how do you manage to get to the union nuts that connect to the rail.
thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
I am not familiar with the 1.6 dual cam engine, Haynes manual does not show a picture that defines it, so are the fuel system components at the back of the engine under the windscreen? If so have you taken the x-beam off to allow access there?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im trying to replace them as number2 injector pipe is leaking at the union where its joins the injector, its spraying diesel over the engine.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
It is straight forward. Remove wiper arms. Two bolts, remove the hyd reservoir and let it hang then a few plastic retainers and bingo. Do not expect the access to be easy though but at least you will be able to see them!

·
Registered
14,553 Posts
Injectors sometimes leak at the joint the pipe connects to its not the pipe thats leaking but the part just below it this screws in to the injector then the pipe screws onto it and it can leak at the injector end.

Pipe leaks are not common unless they have been messed with and overtightened.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts