Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya guys

So I got a 407 from 2007 with a diesel heater which works okay (comes alot of smoke from it, and by judeging peugeots poor engineering work placing the cabin air intake so close to the outlet of the heater was a poor dicision but thats for another day)

I was wondering if its possible to trigger it to start without actully starting the car? (currently I need to start it to get the heater to run) From what I've figured there is no such possibility?

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
it would more than likely chew your battery if you did this. Think of a heater in your house...It will need 13amps (which is a lot) and on a battery can be very demanding since they only give 12.5v at best.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
My car has this heater.

I have just turned off the autostart by disabling the additional heater ECU in the BSI and will only be using manual start by use of the small timer control thing I have inside the cabin.

Mine looks like this:
WEBASTO STANDHEIZUNG VORWAHLUHR 1533 | eBay

But afaik you can also mount other types like the remote control ones etc.
I'm not sure if you need to mofidy some other wiring to make the inside cabin fan start, but on mine it is done, and the way I can know it is that the temperature inside cabin always resets to 21 deg C everytime I start the car (can be annoiying....) but that's at least an indication of that the mod is done and it will start the cabin fan.

Reason for why I have turned it off is that I'm investigating how much of the diesel consumption is caused by the heater... :)

And I havent got any problems with heat today, -5C outside, but I supose on -20C days I preferably can run the webasto for about 30 minutes before I shall use it.

It is no problems battery wise to run it for 30 minutes before start, done it a lot of times and it cranks just fine. It only uses a bit of power for the cabin fan, and for the diesel and water circulation pumps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts