Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys

I replaced the diesel fuel filter last night on the car.

The Haynes manual suggested that I drain the old filter before releasing pipes.

When I opened up the drain valve, it seemed to draw air IN and nothing came out!

What usually happens?!?! Certainly no water either.

I am tempted to open up the old filter to understand what chamber arrangements are inside so I know for the next time.

Out of interest, when I did remove the feed/return pipes, there was zero spillage and I must say that this was the EASIEST fuel filter change I have ever had on any car!

David

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
BestGear said:
Guys

I replaced the diesel fuel filter last night on the car.

The Haynes manual suggested that I drain the old filter before releasing pipes.

When I opened up the drain valve, it seemed to draw air IN and nothing came out!

What usually happens?!?! Certainly no water either.

I am tempted to open up the old filter to understand what chamber arrangements are inside so I know for the next time.

Out of interest, when I did remove the feed/return pipes, there was zero spillage and I must say that this was the EASIEST fuel filter change I have ever had on any car!

David
by the book before you change or open the filter assembly you should clamp the pipes so that air does not get into the system.. Once that is done, you then open it drain it and change it.. I always partially fill the filter assembly with diesel to avoid and vacum..

I think since you drained it before releasing the pipes it would have pushed some air in the system.. have you had any problems???

and yes, its the easiest one to change..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Scotcruz said:
by the book before you change or open the filter assembly you should clamp the pipes so that air does not get into the system.. Once that is done, you then open it drain it and change it.. I always partially fill the filter assembly with diesel to avoid and vacum..

I think since you drained it before releasing the pipes it would have pushed some air in the system.. have you had any problems???

and yes, its the easiest one to change..
Hi - I used the manual pump to bring the fuel back up - you could hear it "sucking" from the tank, plus, hear the fuel reaching the filter... one in the clear plastic pipe, I started the car - ran fine!

I did try bleeding the filter, and again, nothing emerged.....:eek:

I would have expected something!

David

·
Registered
3 Posts
Diesel fuel filter drain/bleed 307 1 4HDI

Hi

I have a problem removing my fuel Tank. I loosend all the straps and pipes on the tank, the only thing im struggling with is the wires leading to the fuel level unit on top of the tank. Is there a way I can remove that unit without cutting my wires?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi

I have not looked, but in most cars these wires (and fuel pump/gauge) are accessible from under the back seat - check there for an access panel!

David

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.