Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone supply me with a link (with picture) showing the fuel filling cap sensor for a Pug 307 1.6 SW diesel (build year 2004).

Same for the differential pressure sensor for the CAT/DPF

Same for the cam shaft sensors.

Same for a new CAT/DPF

Links on eBay are also welcome as I'm going to have to spend a few bob to right a few wrongs

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Pug going into limp mode with anti pollution warning all the time.

Warning about camp shaft on the plug in code reader.

Possibly the CAT is blocked because the levels of the additive seems to be the same and i had it refilled 20k ago.

Today (and on a few other occasions) car engine struggling (slight judder) when I put the foot down or hit a hill the car conks out and the dash board lights up. I pull over to the side of the road, turn off the engine and then I can restart it (total pain in the ass)

As for replacing the CAT I'm looking for a good price so my mechanic can do it (if necessary). The cost of a cat and replacement in the Netherlands is €900

I have a dirty feeling the differential pressure sensor is knackered because I dismantled the CAT 5 months ago and gave it a good wash out, the water was red for all of 1 minute and then clear (no soot).

v snaar (belt to water pump, etc...too tired now to remember the name of the belt) was replaced 3 months ago.

Mechanic is replacing the fuel filter for me and checking the fuel line for leaks tomorrow.

The VIN number from my car is VF33H9HZC83833787

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
an old colleague of mine had a mondeo. anyways his car seemed to stall out when going up hill or under load...turned out it was his injectors.

mine started kangerooing down the road when under load once. i changed the fuel filter (never replaced by looks) and all is well.

what im getting at, maybe the same?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I called the garage to ask if they had found the fault(s)

In fairness they are booked solid and are trying to make time for my car.

Major errors on the alarm list are as follows (am waiting on a print out of the codes)

Oil temperature too high (*2 times)

Cam shaft sensor fault (*5)

Regeneration fault (*1)

Particle Filter Blocked (*17)

Glow plug 3 (*4)

There are more error codes but I'm too knackered to remember at the moment

When I get the list from the mechanic I'll post it here

·
Registered
35 Posts
Re fuel cap sensor.
Dont have a picture but is about 6 mm square X25 mm long and green , black lead and plug about 300mm.
Take the wheel off and remove wheel liner to get acces to it also remove gaiter from around filler, 20min or so to replace about £28 from dealer.
Engine will no do regen until it is replaced.From Memory it is ~25ohms with magnet ~ 300 open
google to be shure
Dpf pressure sensor is mounted on top of radiator . Black oblong 50x70 has two rubber /Steel pipes leading down to top and botom off DPF/CAT
Plannet will give yo a direct reading off pressure Max is~ 900Mbar as far as I know

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re fuel cap sensor.
Dont have a picture but is about 6 mm square X25 mm long and green , black lead and plug about 300mm.
Take the wheel off and remove wheel liner to get acces to it also remove gaiter from around filler, 20min or so to replace about £28 from dealer.
Engine will no do regen until it is replaced.From Memory it is ~25ohms with magnet ~ 300 open
google to be shure
Dpf pressure sensor is mounted on top of radiator . Black oblong 50x70 has two rubber /Steel pipes leading down to top and botom off DPF/CAT
Plannet will give yo a direct reading off pressure Max is~ 900Mbar as far as I know
I can find didley squat about part numbers or suppliers for the DPF and Fuel fill sensors.

From what you have said here the DPF is an analogue device.
Any ideas what the (expected) parameters are when the following occurs
Engine off 0 mBar (expected) ??mV (how many mV should it read)
Engine ideling ?? mBar (expected) ??mV (how many mV should it read)
Engine at 3k revs no clutch engaged ?? mBar (expected) ??mV (how many mV should it read)

A link to a site wher I can purchase the fuel fill sensor (fuel cap removed/replaced) would be most helpful.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Filter on the car is basically flubbered (just replaced)

Cam shaft sensor was also on its last legs (just Replaced)

Common rail pressure was extremely low (before filter was replaced)

I have requested that they replace the Fuel fill cap sensor (preventive)

there were 17 different alarms, today that was reduced to 5 and hopefully tomorrow 0

I have asked them to perform a forced regeneration.

The mechanic can only work on the car between other customers (planed in) maintenance so it's not 8 hours per day he's working on it.

Expected repair costs (hours parts and tax) is between €300 and €400

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Update:

Peugeot sent the wrong Differential pressure sensor to my mechanic.
Fuel Fill Cap sensor is replaced

After the work on the car 2 weeks ago roughly I now have the following problems. (last alarm readings just before fuel cap sensor was replaced)

P1351: IDM input circuit Malfunction/Ignition coil control circuit High voltage
SID 803/EDC16C3 - Pre/Post heating relay circuit. Relay not controlled and glow plugs supplied.

P2408: EDC16C3 - Additive system. Fuel tank cap presence sensor.

P0420: Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 1)
Bosch ME746 - Front pre-catalyser. Ageing. (Front bank on PSA V6)
MM48P - Catalytic converter ageing.

P1447: ELC system closure valve Flow fault EDC15C2 - PEF filter pierced or differential pressure incorrect. / PEF: Particle emission filter. Clogged particle filter.

P0470: Exhaust Pressure Sensor Malfunction

P0299: Turbo pressure regulator.

New Symptoms:
The car seems to develop a big hick on occasion when driving as if the engine has suddenly shut down. I have heard a few peeps from the engine management even though the engine warning light was already on for anti pollution (two peeps one directly after the other)

The Orange rubber from the air pipe leading to the turbo is split and will be replaced.

Any Ideas because I'm at my wits end with this piece of carp :mad:

J

·
0 Posts
Mine used to lurch/kick/hesitate when accelerating between 1700-1900rpm ish - this has been improved 95% by a new EGR and software update. Have you cleaned/checked your EGR recently?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The car doesn't lurch at all, but on another thread I gave step by step instructions for removing and cleaning the DPF. I have only driven 35km since cleaning the DPF and have had no indications of all the problems I recently experienced.

http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/307-38/307-hdi-110-unblock-diesel-filter-help-19351/

I had cleaned the DPF last year but obviously not enough and it's not regenerating so I can just wait and see what happens now.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts