Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just to provide a bit of balance with the other thread on mpg for the 1.2, I am very pleased indeed with the fuel consumption of my new 3008 GT 180 EAT6.

I've never been overly worried about mpg, as I prefer to just use my car, but it is interesting seeing the data from day one.

I made sure I had the MyPeugeot app active from the moment I picked up my new car, so every trip thereafter would be logged. My first trip (from delivery at 3 miles on the clock) home, in stop/start traffic for 51.6 miles, I got 56.1mpg!

The overall average mpg (from the MyPeugeot app) at present and after 20 journeys (I'm still running on the dealers free tank of diesel) is 44.3mpg.

Some of the fuel has been used by sitting on my drive a couple of times for an hour or so with the engine running, as I wanted to try the various functions, and avoiding energy mode kicking in! That made the mpg dip considerably.

As a comparison, I had a 64 plate C4 Grand Picasso 2.0 BlueHDi EAT6 before, along with the MyCitroen app, so I am able to easily compare. The new 3008 is already almost matching my Citroen, which considering I have the increased 180bhp, I'm pleased about.

As more miles get added to the clock, and the engine loosens up, hopefully the picture will improve. :thumb:

It would be interesting to hear from other diesel owners (auto and manual) to see how your cars mpg is getting on?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am running the GT 2.0 engine and my app reads at 43 mpg. I have had some crazy journeys of late and the amount of speed bumps etc. here in Cyprus I think it could be much higher.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
My measured consumption to date averages 42mpg which comprises a 400 mile journey and numerous 6 mile and 30 mile return trips many with the A/C running. I’ve now done 1900 miles.

My app on the other hand is reading 45 mpg which is still less than I was expecting but incorrect.

My return home will be a real test of motorway and A class roads so I'm looking forward to seeing the result for this. My 2.0l Focus diesel used to do 47mpg on one tank fill for this journey.

·
Registered
838 Posts
My app is currently showing the average fuel consumption to be 54.8 mpg for a total mileage of 3342 miles. The best mpg I've had was for a non stop journey to Cornwall on a Sunday with minimal traffic. This was 69.7 mpg worked out by myself rather than the app. I haven't had a reading as good since that first long trip.

I did get mpg figures in the high fifties all the time when driving in France but their far better road conditions helped with that.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I am averaging 51.4 mpg in my 1.6 diesel (120) manual, which includes a few 30 mile motorway runs and several 1/2 mile trips per day. I have totalled 550 miles since I got the car 12 days ago.

·
Registered
121 Posts
2.0 HDi 150 manual, app currently showing 54.1 mpg but I only got the car a week ago and have only done 200 miles. All my journeys so far have been on country A roads around Scarborough and York where I would have previously seen 35-40 mpg from my 1.2 Auto Hyundai, so I'm pretty happy with that.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Careful!
Economy driving is an easily acquired affliction, leading to driving like an old man and 'drafting' in the truckies lane.......you've been warned:nod:
And flashing lorries that overtake you to say "you're clear to pull back in to my lane". :thumb:

·
Registered
154 Posts
First 1260 kilometers (some 800 miles) and the average consumption of the 1.6 BlueHDI 120 manual is 4.9 liters/100km or 57.4 mpg according to the MyPeugeot app.

EDIT: Correct conversions.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
First 1260 kilometers (some 800 miles) and the average consumption of the 1.6 BlueHDI 120 manual is 4.1 liters/100km or 57.4 mpg according to the MyPeugeot app. I believe the reality is something like 4.5 liters or 52 mpg, but I'll only be able to report once I tank for the next time...
4.54L=1 imp gal
100kms = 62+miles

·
Registered
154 Posts
4.54L=1 imp gal
100kms = 62+miles
Are you trying to say that my numbers are off? That might very well be the case, as I've been writing just in google "4.5 liters/100km in mpg" and it nicely tells me something like "52.2699074 Miles per gallon" (yes, thank you, I needed to know it with the accuracy of 7 decimals). However, I now do realize this might be US gallons instead of UK gallons (Why on earth do you people need to use miles and gallons? And furthermore different miles and gallons than the other guy who wants to use them?!)...

So, let's try again. The avg. consumption in My Peugeot App is 57.4 mpg (4.9 liters/100 km). The app gives it in mpg as it's sideloaded to my phone and is meant for UK market only (not available in my country). 4.9 liters/100 km sounds more likely to be the truth though!

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
I took my clio for a 200 mile trip to blackpool and i done the drive like old man test for the whole journey draughting lorries as much as possible my AVERAGE for that journey was 85mpg.

Thats in a 13 year old diesel the same ones the government tell us are polluters and need scrapped !!!

Thats nearly twice as much as some on here are getting in normal use it does 65-70 mpg and i will not scrap it to replace it with something that uses MORE fuel !

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
It was the Americans that decided they wanted different gallons to us they also fit tires instead of tyres but britain is extra stupid nowadays we buy fuel in litres but we measure use in gallons!!

We measure distance in miles but walking and cycling routes tell us in KM

We measure hight in feet AND metres depending on age of individual kids go on about inches even though they dont even get taught inches at school and would not know what an inch is we need to decide what system to use me personally i think we should consign the imperial system to the history book.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
It was the Americans that decided they wanted different gallons to us they also fit tires instead of tyres but britain is extra stupid nowadays we buy fuel in litres but we measure use in gallons!!

We measure distance in miles but walking and cycling routes tell us in KM

We measure hight in feet AND metres depending on age of individual kids go on about inches even though they dont even get taught inches at school and would not know what an inch is we need to decide what system to use me personally i think we should consign the imperial system to the history book.
There only three countries in the world that haven't adopted metrics - the U.S. ,
Then two small obscure countries - Myanmar and Liberia.
Aligning with 'the French!' seems to be a problem for the U.K. ....as if it's a sovereignty issue. Very strange.:confused:

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Yes i agree The uk is no longer GREAT britain and the powers that be need to get of their high horse and get real

If we teach kids metres we should use those units whats the point of being half metric thats just like being half european !!!

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Yes i agree The uk is no longer GREAT britain and the powers that be need to get of their high horse and get real

If we teach kids metres we should use those units whats the point of being half metric thats just like being half european !!!
Americans are wedded to long division it seems.
It was globalisation (the alignment of word bourses) that forced Wall Street to give up trading shares in 64ths of a dollar....yep eg 13/64ths! ....and that was only around 10 years ago.
We gave it up many decades ago.
Brits have heritage village sign boards however........

·
Registered
765 Posts
The Uk has never been Great Britain, the Uk is greater than Great Britain, until Scotland leaves or the NI.

Anyways.. I reckon 42mpg sounds about right for the GT180 without driving like dad.

·
Administrator
2,833 Posts
There only three countries in the world that haven't adopted metrics - the U.S. ,
Then two small obscure countries - Myanmar and Liberia.
Aligning with 'the French!' seems to be a problem for the U.K. ....as if it's a sovereignty issue. Very strange.:confused:
Can we stay on topic please guys.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Time for an update on the fuel consumption of my GT.

Latest journey, a total of 457 miles on French motorway standard dual carriageways (70 - 80 MPH) and mile upon mile of dead straight country roads (30 - 60 MPH) full tank to full tank, 49 MPG. That's much better than last time!

Average consumption since taking delivery is around 43 MPG based on miles travelled and fuel purchesed.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts