·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to start to strip my new donor engine 1.4 HDI. 8HZ

To be converted back into a 8HX

From a quick check the basic lump looks the same

More sensors and wiring probably due to electronic egr valve

Was thinking of blanking off the mechanical EGR again both ends ? and just loose the valve and pipe work totally off the engine ? thoughts ?
fabricate a blank for inlet

I have the injectors to remove and reseal new copper washers as no 2 is chuffing and will probably change the water pump as well as cam belt

Big difference is bottom pulley ? mine is the big steel lump with the rubberised centre , and the donor. 206 engine is a thinner type style

Was this a better design ? or is it something to do with the power steering pump ?

Is this compatible with the 307 with air con

Photos uploaded ... don't know how they will turn out ? having a microsd issues

Attachments

·
Registered
901 Posts
Trying to start to strip my new donor engine 1.4 HDI. 8HZ

To be converted back into a 8HX

From a quick check the basic lump looks the same

More sensors and wiring probably due to electronic egr valve

Was thinking of blanking off the mechanical EGR again both ends ? and just loose the valve and pipe work totally off the engine ? thoughts ?
fabricate a blank for inlet

I have the injectors to remove and reseal new copper washers as no 2 is chuffing and will probably change the water pump as well as cam belt

Big difference is bottom pulley ? mine is the big steel lump with the rubberised centre , and the donor. 206 engine is a thinner type style

Was this a better design ? or is it something to do with the power steering pump ?

Is this compatible with the 307 with air con

Photos uploaded ... don't know how they will turn out ? having a microsd issues
I would use the steel one with the rubber centre,(the image fitted to the engine)provided its the same diameter and crank key way is the same. That other pulley has a big spring damping unit inside that was known to give big problems,I`ve seen them break apart.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would use the steel one with the rubber centre,(the image fitted to the engine)provided its the same diameter and crank key way is the same. That other pulley has a big spring damping unit inside that was known to give big problems,I`ve seen them break apart.
Yes. all ready had a near miss with an new one from Poland ??

It wasn't very old till it broke into two scuffed the sump and then chucked itself out of the back to a following innocent motorist behind

hence why I asked if this was an improved design ?

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi...how can a tester see if an e.g.r. has been blanked with a plate but not removed?

I think they look for additional gaskets ?
and maybe an extra high emission reading ?

Thing is ? if the bottom engine tray was on even most vehicles its hard to see much ... hence why you see so many advisories on Mot. to cover themselves

I assume if your doing MOT everyday you would get accustomed to defects on certain vehicles and engine types and the look if wrong or correct and wiring disconnected ??

I was just thinking of junking the weight and better access it creates

I can get around it somehow just for the visual look if thats whats needed

1 - 6 of 6 Posts