Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Bit of a rookie question, but is it ok to add Redex into the diesel after I've filled up? From my little knowledge of the diesel additive for the FAP filter is its added to the diesel when you fill up. Not sure if its ok to get the two mixed.

Cheers

Paul

·
Super Moderator
1,807 Posts
irishboyracer said:
Hi

Bit of a rookie question, but is it ok to add Redex into the diesel after I've filled up? From my little knowledge of the diesel additive for the FAP filter is its added to the diesel when you fill up. Not sure if its ok to get the two mixed.

Cheers

Paul
Should be fine although you should put Redex in first. Mixes better. If you want to use an additive I would recommend Millers.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Couldn't agree more (at least in the UK)

Modern diesel fuel already comes with any additives you need to help the engine run cleanly and efficiently.

Additives are only really useful in the U.S. where they sometimes run lower grade fuel. They are a thing of the past for most road users over here now though.

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
im with its a waste of money, companies like shell and bp already put there own additives to help this. i put some in my petrol first then filled the tank, hasnt done one bit off good...was told your not suppose to put it in if you have a catalist converter, but i think that is a load of bull

·
Super Moderator
1,807 Posts
Pish! Prolonged use of Millers definately freed up my 307. You're just a pile of sceptics who gave up on it too soon!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
lol. Cheers.:thumb:
Am quite undecided on the use of additives, wondering if with long term use and continued cost if you'll really see much savings back.

you mention shell and BP put additives into their fuel, i usually stick to Shell myself but wondered if the likes of tesco and morrison's won't be adding them to their fuel to keep the costs down?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Tesco and Morrison etc don't brew their own fuel....they just buy it in from the bigger boys ;)

It comes from the same refineries, albeit usually in their own tankers .....

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
i've been told not to use supermarket fuels as they can cause problems in the long run, but i beleive that is down to what i call the older generation of drivers who can remember the problems the likes of tescos had in the past, with contaminated fuel....but tesco do have a good deal where you get these vouchers for 5p off per litre and at current prices here 112.9 it goes down to 107.9 per litre for petrol...114.9 for diesel going down to 109.9...bargain....:lol:

·
Registered
387 Posts
If you buy a superior grade of fuel that already has an additive it would probably work out cheaper than buying a lesser grade fuel & purchasing a fuel additive separately.

·
Super Moderator
1,807 Posts
bettyswollocks said:
Coming from a Volvo driver.:lol: :lol:
Touche! :lol: My Volvo doesn't need additive!:p

·
Registered
534 Posts
Charlie said:
Tesco and Morrison etc don't brew their own fuel....they just buy it in from the bigger boys ;)

It comes from the same refineries, albeit usually in their own tankers .....
Quoted for truth. I live not far from the late Buncefield Depot of explosion fame. Tankers with all sorts of labels on the side queued up at the same tanks.

Injector cleaner is the only one worth putting in.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.