Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys,im new to the forum and have a come across a strange situation. So my 307 2003 2.0 110 hdi has been showing "Diesel additive minimum level" so after some time the car began to lose power and i called the AA out to which they ran a diagnostic test revealing that the additive had run out. The patrol guy gave me a number for a garage in Swindon that can top the tank up and reset the system for £120. Took the car down there only for them to call me the next day to say that the actual additive tank had been removed and wires have been cut!!!! They quoted me £300 to remove all the dpf system and try to remap the ecu but could not guarantee if it would work. My question is would i be able to "rewire" a new tank onto the car again if i could trace the wires back to where ever they go if there are any left?? Or can i get a non dpf ecu and plug it in to the car? Any help i would really appreciate as its now taking space on the drive. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,424 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
That's strange... if your car still has the DPF intact, the absense of the Additive would make it clog ver very quickly.

I'm inclined to believe that your car has been de-dpf'ed and the ECU as only been partly configured.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
That's strange... if your car still has the DPF intact, the absense of the Additive would make it clog ver very quickly.

I'm inclined to believe that your car has been de-dpf'ed and the ECU as only been partly configured.
yep thinking about it the ECU would try and read the Data fail to find it and default the ECU to a safe mode probably reducing power the Ecu probably needs remapping after a planet session and Physically checking the DPF but the power loss could be nothing to do with the fluid at all which ever A Diagnostic for beer tokens is the way forward

·
11,766 Posts
i called the AA out to which they ran a diagnostic test revealing that the additive had run out. The patrol guy gave me a number for a garage in Swindon that can top the tank up and reset the system for £120.

Took the car down there only for them to call me the next day to say that the actual additive tank had been removed and wires have been cut!!!!
Precisely why the AA shouldn't be trusted with their diagnostics.

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
It's possible that the ECU has already been properly remapped BUT the additive ECU hasn't been disabled in the BSI. Get a diagnostic done by a member to see if the Additive ECU is still enabled.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi guys,

Sorry ive been working away and only just seen the responses to the post.

It seems really strange as when it lost power it smelt really hot and felt sluggish but no eml came on at all. HDI tunning ive just seen your advert on ebay and have emailed you about the ecu with dpf delete.

The car is in Faringdon 10 miles from Swindon & Oxford. Is anyone local who has pp2000 who i could throw some beer tokens at who could have a look?

Thanks all to those who have replied and apologies for the late response

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Strangest thing of all was when i took it for its MOT the emissions were 0.33 and she never smokes even on hard acceleration which makes me wonder how?? After leaving her to stand a couple of days or even hours she runs like a dream again with no issues apart from showing the "Diesel additive level minimum level" on start up.

·
Registered
14,527 Posts
The DPF is NOT for reducing smoke its for reducing invisible dodgy chemicals IN the smoke

The fact it does not really work is irrelevant to the tree huggers who insist we have it :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The DPF is NOT for reducing smoke its for reducing invisible dodgy chemicals IN the smoke

The fact it does not really work is irrelevant to the tree huggers who insist we have it :)
Ah i see. Now i get it, Am i right in thinking that the actual reason the dpf was fitted was for an emissions requirement that didnt actually happen? :nono:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No it did happen but there is more than 1 way to reach the target PSA chose this way.

A well designed and set up system would not need a DPF when used properly.
And by choosing this way the dealer was to gain the most profits and work by the unsuspecting jo blogs of the country?. Im talking to HDI tunning at the moment and hopefully he can either send me out a replacement ecu which has had the dpf system correctly removed and i will remove the internals of the dpf canister or he can come and run a diagnostics on the car and go from there.

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
I would suspect the DPF has already been gutted. Even with a gutted DPF and an ECU that has the DPF mapped out, the car will still complain about additive levels and possibly diferential pressure errors if the Additive and DPF have not been programmed out of the BSI.

·
Registered
580 Posts
hi googy25 im in swindon and work out of faringdon and have pp2000. not used it for a while as touchwood, had no management problems with our 206, have updated my laptop to windows 10 since i last used it so will need to check it stilll works ok which i will try and do tomorrow, if all ok and you still need it looked at give me a shout

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
I would suspect the DPF has already been gutted. Even with a gutted DPF and an ECU that has the DPF mapped out, the car will still complain about additive levels and possibly diferential pressure errors if the Additive and DPF have not been programmed out of the BSI.
+1 on this I got Windy over about 18 months ago to look at mine was already done so he turned it off and I had a remap he did show me what he was doing at the time but it went a bit above my head really

1 - 16 of 16 Posts