Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have a Peugeot 307 HDi 2002 model. Recently a message appears that quotes "diesel additive minimun level" Reading on some of the forums, its seems that this is a job i can do myself i.e refilling the additive.

Im attending to buy some additives from a refill kit which i will find out soon the cost.

However, does anyone now where the tank refill port is? and how long it would take a non mechanic to do this job?

Any chance a picture could be displayed on this forum as im sure this will help many people with this problem for the future!

·
Registered
196 Posts
when you get the additive its around £45 ish.in the kit is 2 tubes a thick one and a thin one on the end of the thin one is a connector.the tank and the filling point is at that tank which is in front of the passinger side rear wheel.ther is 2 pipe just disconnet and and clip the pipe connetor on to it and lift the bottle as high as you can it will drain in(the connetor will only fit on the one pipe)the you need to reset the counters,eather through pug.or someone with pp2000.will be cheaper,if you post were you from someone on here might live local and would be more than welcome to reset them for you.(im in southampton area):thumb:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks Bigboots for you information.

Ive bought the Diesel additive kit with 3L of the Additive known as EOLYS 176 for about £80 Important to have your VIN (chasis number) when quoting the additive.

Ive located the white container by the rear wheel passenger side (below the car seat under the car is the location). However, you need to remove the black plastic cover, only 3 nuts (10mm) but be careful not to break the screw.

Next you need to remove the pipes from the white container which holds the additive which i am finding difficult and will try the task this weekend. Any advice bigboots?

Attachments

·
Registered
196 Posts
there is a black circle thing were the pipes plug into.gently pull it off the container and the pipes should pull off(there is a button like clip to press in to relese the pipes

·
Registered
239 Posts
diagnostic tool required to reset the level counter no way round it mate,

even if you fill the elloys tank your self it will need resetting.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thanks Bigboots and Pugbods for the info. Added the additive to the Eolys tank which was pretty straight forward. All i need to do now is reset the counter. Bigboots, i noticed you mentioned that you are based in Southampton. What a coincident, i too am based in Southampton. Any chance we could meet and to get my level countered reset. Thanks:)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
If this message appears then a simply procedure is needed to add the additive. Usually takes around 45mins

Important (Disclaimer)
If you are carrying out this work and following this procedure then you are carrying out this work at your own risk. No fault, errors or damage can be used as these notes are just for information. YOU USE THIS INFORMATION AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Health and Safety

Must wear gloves as this Eolys is an irritant and that care must be taken when handling this additive.

Refill Kit

You need to purchase the refil kit and the Eolys (3L) from the Peugeot Dealer. You must give you chasis number to find the CORRECT eloys for you car. Usually around £80 as shown in Fig 1

Remove the black cover under the car near the back of the rear wheel on the passenger side. This can be done if you have jacked up the back passenger side of the car followed by undoing 3 nuts (advice, spray some oil and remove carefully). Once removed, you will see a white container (eolys container) with 2 black pipes. Fig 2

Remove the black object with the 2 pipes feeding into the black object (just pull the black object out carefully). Next, depress the green button on either opposite sides and remove the pipes. Next insert the pipe feed from the refill kit, it will only fit into one pipe as shown in Fig 3

Next, pour the EOLYS additive into the small container and attach the red screw cap. Important to turn the handle in the red cap as this will allow the additive to pour. Lift the container high to allow the additive to pour into the Eolys tank. Fig 4

Technology Wire Electronic device Electronics Fig 1 (refill kit and 3L of Eolys)

Auto part Fig 2 (Eoyls Container)

Auto part Fuel line Pipe Automotive engine part Fig 3 (attaching the refill pipe)

Water Gas Automotive tire Bumper Auto part Fig 4 (Refill pot containing the additive)

Once you completed the refilling you then need to reset the Eoyls counter by contacting a garage or someone with Peugeot Planet who can carry out this procedure.

Hope you find the information informative and good luck:lol:

·
Registered
196 Posts
ariffaizi said:
Thanks Bigboots and Pugbods for the info. Added the additive to the Eolys tank which was pretty straight forward. All i need to do now is reset the counter. Bigboots, i noticed you mentioned that you are based in Southampton. What a coincident, i too am based in Southampton. Any chance we could meet and to get my level countered reset. Thanks:)
yes that would be fine however i do charge a small fee to help towards the cost of the pp2000,if thats ok pm me i will tell you were to come and we will do a reset

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hello Bigboots

Unfortuately, i cant send a private message to you as i have to post at least 20 messages. Please could you send me a private message of where i can come for the reset. Regarding cost, of course i would pay towards the reset. Appreciate the advice and service. Cheers

·
Registered
8 Posts
ariffaizi said:
Hello Bigboots

Unfortuately, i cant send a private message to you as i have to post at least 20 messages. Please could you send me a private message of where i can come for the reset. Regarding cost, of course i would pay towards the reset. Appreciate the advice and service. Cheers

Hi arriffaizi,
Pls where dd you purchase the eolys 176 additive, for i will be needing for my car also

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ryussuff said:
Hi arriffaizi,
Pls where dd you purchase the eolys 176 additive, for i will be needing for my car also
Purchased the Eolys 176 additive from the Peugeot garage. But please read my notes as you must give your chassis number to obtain the correct Eolys additive for you car.

·
Registered
8 Posts
yeh.
I got the eolys dditive kit today with dealer £89.29, i will be doing the task of refill this weekend and i will post all pixs of every bit on the forum.

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
ryussuff said:
yeh.
I got the eolys dditive kit today with dealer £89.29, i will be doing the task of refill this weekend and i will post all pixs of every bit on the forum.
Don`t forget you need the counters reset , post where you are to see if anyone on here is near to you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi,

What is that diesel additive for? Do I have that tank in my P307 2.0 HDI 2002?
What when you dont have any of this additive in tank?
I mean what are the simptoms?

Thank for reply

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Libor said:
Hi,

What is that diesel additive for? Do I have that tank in my P307 2.0 HDI 2002?
What when you dont have any of this additive in tank?
I mean what are the simptoms?

Thank for reply
Libor,

You only need to add the additive once the Diesel additive minimum level appears. You most probably would have to add the additive for you car as i have the same car, but not to worry until the message appears.

The additive is used to mix with the burnt fuel and allows the emission to fall below the level to pass its MOT. Not sure on the exact details, perhaps someone may give more information on its use.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Help Needed A.s.a.p

Has anyone on here changed this before? if so how much would you charge me to do the whole thing? Im willing to travel etc but not willing to pay the dealer.

Is anyone near the the west midlands, if not im willing to travel to sort out my motor. Thanks for your help guys.

Or if i do it how much would you want to reset the warnings.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes there is someone but he is based in Southampton. He can easily do the job and remove the message. He is known as BigBoots. If your interested in travelling down to Southampton and getting the job done much cheaper than the garage and having a full scan as well as removing the message then try and contact bigboots.

Cheers

·
Registered
196 Posts
yes i will do it alot cheaper than pug.i can refill it and clear codes,or you fill it and i will clear codes.eather way.if you willing to travel to southampton.bring the eloys for your car with you.go to pug and buy it there so you no you getting the right 1 for your car.they need reg no or chassis no.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I’m with Libor on this. What is this additive, and where on the vehicle is it kept? Can you check the level yourself? If so, where? I've had diesels for 20 years and never heard of it.:confused:

1 - 20 of 149 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.