Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI All
I have an 05 (54) plate 1.6 110 HDI
It has done 86000 miles (mostly trouble free) however it now has the above warning, research has shown that this is the EOLYS 176 additive tank behind the NSR wheel requires filling, I am sure I acn probably carry out this task myself however does anyone know for certain that the fluid will continue to be added to the fuel if I do not have the ECU reset?
Peugeot have quoted £600 to refill the tank replace the FAP and reset the ECU, I simply can not afford this at the moment, I have researched this untill I am blue in the face and there seems to be so many differing opinions, Many people say that you can clean the FAP others say that as long as its regenerated regularly it'll be fine, but surely if regeneration is controlled by the ECU it'll not regen if it thinks there is no EOLYS fluid. or indeed continue to inject fluid into the tank if it thinks there is none.
The obvious answer seems to be to inject 37ml of EOLYS into the fuel tank at every fill up and then drive the car in such a way as to force a regeneration of the FAP or am I missing something here??

All help much appreciated

·
Registered
873 Posts
Think I read on here driving down the motorway at 70mph in 4th gear for 5 minutes will regenerate it, you cannot go below 70 or you will have to start again.

Seemed strange to me, sorry I couldnt have been more help.

G

·
I beleive you can buy the fluid yourself and fill up (be warned, its supposed to be potent stuff, i've never seen it though) and then get a local independant garage to reset the counters for you

Check with the garage that they can do the counters beforehand, then when all is reset, fill up with fuel and go for a good ride

As daf mentioned you do have to take it for a good run to force a regen, dropping below 70 doesnt matter, you are just looking at keeping high volumes of exhaust gas going through the system, so 4th gear is a good idea!

As for filter cleaning, i dont know about this bit i'm sorry! it can cause problems if the filter collapses though!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The fluid can be bought direct from Pug dealers or even from ebay and refilling the tank although tricky does not appear to be impossible, what I need to know for absolutely certain is...
Will the ECU continue to dose EOLYS into the fuel and will it continue to regen the FAP if i do not have the EOLYS counter reset by the dealer?? I am not bothered about the minimum level warning coming on when i start the car (I can live with that)

Cheers

G

·
It will stop dosing if it thinks its empty, so a counter reset is needed

And i beleive the regen is just triggered by high gas flow volumes for a certain period of time, so that should be ok!

·
Registered
196 Posts
yes you can refill it yourself, but the kit from pug you get fluid a empty bottle 2 pipes, just jack it up and connect the pipes and empty bottle to help feed it to the tank and get counters reset with a pug planet or there is people on this forum with the pplannet that im sure would help you if you local to them

·
Registered
387 Posts
Do you need to take the car down the motorway or can you just keep the car reving on your drive to achieve 3000rpm for 15 or so minutes?

We tried to do 3000 revs on the motorway a couple of weeks ago when we went from Leicester to Barnsley & then onto Huddersfield and we either stopped and started due to crap traffic or ended up in speed checks for most of the way.

·
Registered
406 Posts
a forced regen lasts around 12 minutes and takes the car to 4000 rpm after an initial few minutes at 3000.

·
Registered
387 Posts
But does that mean it can be done by simply revving the car whilst it is stationary?

Also from what you stated you run at 3000 revs for 3 minutes & then at 4000 revs for a further 9 minutes?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.