Peugeot Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been getting the 'Diesel Additive Minimum Level' warning for a month or so now and finally got round to getting the tank filled.

I was told that the tank took 4 or so litres of Eloys fluid but when the mechanic was done he told me there was only enough room to put another litre in there.

I had planned to get someone from the forum with Planet to do the reset to save me from main garages that were quoting £200+ for the task, I followed the instructions here but after going back and checking both counters still showed zero (they are supposed to show zero, aren't they? The wording is a bit badly translated and open to interpretation), the message persists.

Doing a global test goes through and says everything is clear on the Diesel Additive ECU but when it gets to the Engine ECU I get the following:

Permanent fault: Additive system . Fault: fuel additive accuracy
Permanent fault: Additive quantity . Fuel additive ECU
Permanent fault: Additive quantity . Fuel additive low level reached

Under each of the codes I get the following:

ECU Fault Code: P1435
Total quantity of additive: 1 grammes
Minimum Level of additive reached: wait
Distance travelled since last regeneration: 44km

ECU Fault Code: P1442
Additive level status: No
Total quantity of additive: 1 grammes
Mileage threshold reached: No km

ECU Fault Code: P1446
Additive level status: No
Total quantity of additive: 125 grammes
Mileage threshold reached: No km

Tried clearing these a number of times and they always came back, bit stumped as to whether I was missing something in terms of how to reset the counters, do you need to specify how much additive as present as well as resetting how much had been injected?

It also seemed weird that one of the faults is "fuel additive accuracy", I thought the reason you had to reset something is because it didn't know how much additive was in the tank to begin with?

Any help appreciated.

·
11,722 Posts
Did you follow the instructions about telling the car its had a refill to the absolute letter - this involves disconnecting the Lexia equipment and taking the key out of the ignition to remove the fuel cap - a scary business!

But if you say there was only room for 1L it is possible it could be a faulty level sensor in the tank. Lets face it, oil and coolant level sensors aren't the most accurate on Peugeots.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, we did disconnect the diagnostic equipment, remove key undo the fuel cap (for 5+ second within a minute of doing so). Although we disconnected the USB from the PC instead of the 'ODB' connector from the port on the car, is that likely to make a difference?

I think the reason for it thinking the level was low when it wasn't was due to the car having its exhaust system completely replaced sometime before I bought it. If they didn't reset the counters at this point but replaced the additive and tank then I guess that could be why it thinks it has injected more of the tank than it has.

So there is a level sensor? Why does it need to be told that it has been refilled in that case?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Did you do it both in the engine ecu and the additive ecu?
I'm having a hard time remembering, we tried the reset a number of times and I think we probably would have done it in both places, but can't be sure. We definitely checked the values in both places and they both said 0.

You also try telling it that's it's had a new pef filter
Think we found this, is that where it asks for some values from the old one in order to sync things up? One of them being the number of grammes of additive in the tank? We did think about trying this but didn't know what to put for the amount of additive present.

·
5,633 Posts
My old 807 gave similar trouble i managed to fix it by using the replacement parts option and telling it i had replaced the additive ecu and then setting the counters to zero etc as part of the config settings

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My old 807 gave similar trouble i managed to fix it by using the replacement parts option and telling it i had replaced the additive ecu and then setting the counters to zero etc as part of the config settings
Did you need to manually type in any values when doing this? I remember seeing a screen wanting the amount of additive (in grams), I thought it may have been when thinking about trying the replace additive ecu option.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Diesel Additive Minimum Level

Hi

Wondered if anyone can help. I have had my diesel particulate filter replaced and the fluid just under 12 months ago. Today I've had the diesel additive minimum level warning come up. I've seen on here that it needs replacing about every 50,000 miles so I confused about what this is. Can anyone help? I'm gutted! I've also had the 'unblock diesel filter' message come up a few times despite having the particulate replaced and regenerated! Peugeot just keep telling me it could be any number of faults, I'm starting to feel that I'm being ripped off! Also can a local garage deal with this problem? Thanks to anyone for your help!

·
11,722 Posts
If its reporting minimum level and you filled it up, it could be the level sensor on the additive tank.

You'll need to visually inspect it and clean up any dirt or grime of any electrical contacts.

"Unblock diesel filter" may refer to the fuel filter.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi

Wondered if anyone can help. I have had my diesel particulate filter replaced and the fluid just under 12 months ago. Today I've had the diesel additive minimum level warning come up. I've seen on here that it needs replacing about every 50,000 miles so I confused about what this is. Can anyone help? I'm gutted! I've also had the 'unblock diesel filter' message come up a few times despite having the particulate replaced and regenerated! Peugeot just keep telling me it could be any number of faults, I'm starting to feel that I'm being ripped off! Also can a local garage deal with this problem? Thanks to anyone for your help!
I have had exactly the same happen to me ive decided ive had enough and gone down the defap route the unblock diesel filter is definitely to do do with the diesel particle filter got to say I was nervous about doing it as the car is my main family bus but reading ecu running through ecuflash and back to ecu all went without a hitch then using lexia (I have Citroen) I reset eloys and dpf counter then changed BSI to fap absent been a few days now no faults going to remove inards of fap Wednesday .

·
Registered
37 Posts
By the way this is the method I used to reset counters very straight forward when you find it :thumb:

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
In the end whatever we did actually worked, it just took a few drives to stop displaying the message for some reason, I didn't do anything else since starting the thread and I didn't see the warning again after a day or two.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.