Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 407 was transported to me today, and I took another test drive in it.
Most of the things that needed to be fixed were, but others were not.

For example:
The dealer promised that the sidelight bulb issue would be fixed, it was not.
The A/C was supposed to be working, and it was supposed to have been re-gen'd yesterday, but it was not working today, probably a hole in the condensor. The Tow bar was supposed to have been wired up, but was not.
So it went back up in the lorry to the dealer. The manager said the best thing to do would be to give me my deposit back.
But Feck it, I wanted that car. I had test driven it, I had researched it, I liked the colour, I had looked all over it, I had spent money driving up to look at it, then again to get it, to find that it was not ready, but in my anger, I agreed with the manager.

I am just astounded and amazed and disappointed that the biggest dealer in NI couldn't sort out the issues with it.

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
sorry to hear you had issues...when you first mentioned the faults/issues did the sales guy write them down or just listened and nodded?

if the latter maybe he just forgot, but professionalism would of told him to write them down :thumb:

J

·
0 Posts
Maybe they don't like customers which are too switched on.... rather sell to someone who hasn't a clue, and will be out of warranty long before they have any comeback. Shame to have 'wasted' money, but there are plenty more 407s out there!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He wrote everything down on Saturday, even highlighted the lines in highlighter pen.
The manager says the car is costing too much money to fix up and they are going to sell it at auction.
Now I have to go looking yet again, and it may not be a 407 this time.

J

·
0 Posts
Could be right up your street..... find out when at auction and grab a bargain! :thumb:

·
11,978 Posts
The manager says the car is costing too much money to fix up and they are going to sell it at auction..
Name and shame! They were either unscrupulous enough to sell it with these faults.

Or incompetent enough to not see them and see how much it will cost to fix.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Name and shame! They were either unscrupulous enough to sell it with these faults.

Or incompetent enough to not see them and see how much it will cost to fix.
The dealers were Hursts used car sales, Newtownabbey, Belfast, part of the lookers group.
What good does it donaming and shaming here. What I should really be doing is contacting the local press.

J

·
0 Posts
What I should really be doing is contacting the local press.
You'd spend too much time doing so and not really achieve much.... at least you've got out before any further trouble with them should a warranty claim have arised.

·
Super Moderator
1,783 Posts
I've given up on big car sales. Independants everytime. I've found one guy now, and if he doesn't have what I want, he finds it. After sales, 2nd to none.

·
Super Moderator
1,783 Posts
Eamon Bradley Car Sales, Garvagh

Has pleased me and my family over the years. The testimonial about the S40 is mine, and the 307, the wife's cousin.

Oh and the 306 came from the guy who works there! No warranty with that one though! :lol:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Eamon Bradley Car Sales, Garvagh

Has pleased me and my family over the years. The testimonial about the S40 is mine, and the 307, the wife's cousin.

Oh and the 306 came from the guy who works there! No warranty with that one though! :lol:
Unfortunately he has nothing in my price range that is automatic and diesel :(

I bought my old 406 from carhill which is close to Eamon's I think, unfortunately the rear left lens was leaking and when I got the car, the boot was full of water. The A/C also had a busted condensor and they wouldn't cover it under the warranty, that is, until I got a solicitors letter to them. Then I had to drive to Coleraine beside the MOT centre to get the A/C fixed.
That's why I am so careful and adamant this time about A/C being covered in any warranty.

So today, I am heading to Enniskillen, Dungannon, Lurgan, Lisburn, Dunmurray, Glengormley, Carrick, Maherafelt in a long roundabout drive to see if I can get a car I like, in my price range.

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
Unfortunately he has nothing in my price range that is automatic and diesel :(

I bought my old 406 from carhill which is close to Eamon's I think, unfortunately the rear left lens was leaking and when I got the car, the boot was full of water. The A/C also had a busted condensor and they wouldn't cover it under the warranty, that is, until I got a solicitors letter to them. Then I had to drive to Coleraine beside the MOT centre to get the A/C fixed.
That's why I am so careful and adamant this time about A/C being covered in any warranty.

So today, I am heading to Enniskillen, Dungannon, Lurgan, Lisburn, Dunmurray, Glengormley, Carrick, Maherafelt in a long roundabout drive to see if I can get a car I like, in my price range.
Isn`t that the one as leave on the left up on the hill , quite big spread , was in there a few times myself looking .

·
Registered
113 Posts
I've given up on big car sales. Independents every-time. I've found one guy now, and if he doesn't have what I want, he finds it. After sales, 2nd to none.
I'm with you Steve small independent, if they are worth their salt you can tell straight away when talking to them. As no bull just straight forward talking which is refreshing at time Christ ,when i got my 407sw it had a few little irritations. I could sort myself, Main dealer charged me £50 for the gear lever gator:eek:. I was dumb enough to pay thought at time. After a bit of scouting i found other suppliers and rarely go back to that place except for dealer only bits

my advice is do a lot of searching was happy with the independent who sold me mine in Lanark not local but very easy to deal with and worth the trip:)

·
Registered
682 Posts
I personally buy private every time. All dealers do is buy a car through the trade, valet it and then stick £1-2000 on the price and i know this as ive sold cars for Peugeot, Citroen and Ford main dealers for four years up until recentley.

I recently sold a blue 407SW to a dealer for £2500 and two days later and with a couple of dings removed it was up on his forecourt for £4295. He'll probably have spent £300 getting it right, £500 for negotiations and he's made a grand. Simples

·
Super Moderator
1,783 Posts
True, but when I got my XSI 307, it was a parcel of dung and cost £2.5k to put right.................under warranty!

myjess, if you can't find something give him a shout and he'll try to source something.

Carhill and Eamon are nearly beside each other as Betty described.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts