Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I'm lucky enough to be picking up my brand new GT Line in a couple of days...
I just loved the look of the 3008 and particularly the futuristic i cockpit..
What dials do you use? Do you change them about or stick with your favourite?
Is there a way of having the current mpg info shown on one of these?
Cheers folks

·
Registered
161 Posts
I like the 'personal option'

You can configure it on the centre screen in an option that I never seem to be able to get back to.

On the LHS I have 'trip computer' which shows distance to pump, current MPG and something else that I can't remember off hand so can't be that important. A push of the button on the LH indicator stalk changes just this part of the display between these values and trip A/ trip B which shows average data for these two trip computers.

I then have nav on the RHS of my personal display, which is only really useful when navigating but I quite like having it there.

·
Registered
67 Posts

You can configure it on the centre screen in an option that I never seem to be able to get back to.

On the LHS I have 'trip computer' which shows distance to pump, current MPG and something else that I can't remember off hand so can't be that important. A push of the button on the LH indicator stalk changes just this part of the display between these values and trip A/ trip B which shows average data for these two trip computers.

I then have nav on the RHS of my personal display, which is only really useful when navigating but I quite like having it there.
Funny enough I have exactly the opposite i.e. Nav on LHS and Trip on RHS. I use that most of the time but if using TomTom in an unfamiliar town I will switch from 'Personal' to 'Navigation' screen. I also have the centre screen on Navigation but zoomed out a bit so I can see more surrounding traffic etc and use the other one for current road/turns etc.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Funny enough I have exactly the opposite i.e. Nav on LHS and Trip on RHS. I use that most of the time but if using TomTom in an unfamiliar town I will switch from 'Personal' to 'Navigation' screen. I also have the centre screen on Navigation but zoomed out a bit so I can see more surrounding traffic etc and use the other one for current road/turns etc.
I'm the same with the centre screen too... have you been driving my car when I'm not looking?

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
I keep mine on Nav full screen, with the rev counter and engine temperature to the sides. I went out in my friends new Audi last night, and I have to say their icockpit is definitely superior to Peugeots. Mind you it's an arm and a leg cost option, so not that surprising.

·
Registered
254 Posts

Exactly the same as my set up - but do switch to Nav mode if needed and I like the blue lights rather than the copper - matches the ambient lighting.

·
Registered
420 Posts
My favourite is the "minimal" setup. When the fuel is getting low, it automatically show the fuel gage and the navigation shows the closest petrol stations. That's all I need to know :)

·
Registered
408 Posts
My favourite is the "minimal" setup. When the fuel is getting low, it automatically show the fuel gage and the navigation shows the closest petrol stations. That's all I need to know :)
It reminds me a bit of our C3 Picasso : my favorite display is with as many things switched off. Nice and simple.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I tried out 'Dials' yesterday and at first thought 'Nah', but then when coming up to a turning the sat nav said 'turn right in 800 yards' and the tachometer changed into the sat nav to show me the road and turning, then changed back again to tachometer after the turn [I didn't know it did that], so I will use that mode again 'just for a change' :D

·
Registered
254 Posts
I tried out 'Dials' yesterday and at first thought 'Nah', but then when coming up to a turning the sat nav said 'turn right in 800 yards' and the tachometer changed into the sat nav to show me the road and turning, then changed back again to tachometer after the turn [I didn't know it did that], so I will use that mode again 'just for a change' :D
Going to give that a try in personal mode - its a really feature

·
Registered
408 Posts
If it works, you could even add a comment to that thread about surprising nice stuffs :)

·
Registered
161 Posts
Since messing around with my personalised dials last week, the buttons on the end of the stalks have changed functions...

The LH stalk used to toggle between displays of the 'trip computer' on my personalised display but now it activates voice control. The RH stalk button now does what the LH one used to do.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts