Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a cheap 53 plate pug 307 110HDi SE yesterday with 1 or 2 issues.

Its like it has no turbo boost at all, is very flat and down on power.
The car starts first turn of the key, engine sounds sweet, it doesn't smoke or rattle either.

I went to plug a diagnostics machine in this morning and it appears the socket has no power as the machine will not switch on. I double checked the machine was working so I plugged the machine into a different car where it worked fine.

Yesterday when driving the car the EML light was coming on and off, but not all the time.
Today it hasn't come at all when driving but still very flat.

Previous owner informed me that he was told it was some sort of "sensor" which would cost around £70 and that would fix it but he couldn't remember what it was called and he just put up with it. He reckoned it had been like for a year or so.

I had a Citroen Picasso HDI before this and never had any issues with it at all!

Any help would be greatly received.
Thanks,
Mac.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey mark,
I used a Autel MaxiDas Diagnostic Machine but also tried a snap-on ethos diagnostic machine and neither would work. They do not even light up as if the diagnostic socket has no power.

Thanks buddy.

·
Registered
24 Posts
try to find someone local with planet or diagbox that will do 307 and c5s some versions are queer about 307s apparently, but if you cant i had the exact same fault and it was the differential pressure sensor, it lives behind the battery, google bsi reset or sleep before you remove battery, it could cost if you dont.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ahh thanks for that Mark.
I shall ask tomorrow and see about those scanners you mentioned.

Would that sensor being faulty be enough to put the light on and off when it feels like it?
Ive noticed the car seems to drive ever so slightly better if I ease the throttle, if I just put my foot down it seems worse.

Cheers :thumb:

·
Registered
24 Posts
if you work on peugeots or intend to keep the car for a few years its worth looking into getting the interface and software to diy, i bought one from ebay for about 80 quid , but i found it was a sod to install as i am pre zx81.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
If the 2 you tried did not light up then its not the equipment its the car no point seeking out planet till you get the socket working.

Maxidiag should read a 307 snap on stuff is very hit and miss with French cars as its Gucci aimed at Gucci cars :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Found a blown 15 amp fuse earlier today.
I replaced it and the car now has power to the diagnostics socket :)
Unfortunately the only fault came back on the climate control, no other faults.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Get a vacuum gauge and check for good stable vacuum at the 3 solenoids it comes from the vacuum pump it should be stable even when revving the vac is what controls the boost and egr functions

Don't assume because your brakes work your vac is good :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I don't have a vac gauge to check yet but i have found this.....

Does anyone have a picture of their setup to see how its meant to be?
I checked numerous vac pipes on the car (without a gauge) and they dont appear to have any vac at all

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks reliable406. Im going to try and source another servo pipe tomorrow and see how the car performs after that.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the advice guys.
Fitted a new servo pipe and plugged the vacuum pipes in, the car is now driving much better.... Plenty of boost now :)
Only thing is I could only plug 1 of the small vacuum pipes in... If I plug them both in, the car drives even slower than it did before I replaced the servo pipe.
Ive left 1 of the vacuum pipes disconnected and have no idea where it goes but there are no faults on the dash and the car pulls really well :stars:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts