Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have always had software for all the cars I have had, can someone recommend the best one for Peugeot 2008 GT line using windows 10, I want to turn up the parking sensors volume and a few other things.
Thanks

·
5,994 Posts
Planet/Diagbox is the best software/interface as its a clone of Dealer equipment.

Dependent on the type of head unit you have some can be directly modified via software on a USB stick or disc. (RT6 based Sat Nav units can have the parking sensor volume and other features enabled via Mirascript software)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Planet/Diagbox is the best software/interface as its a clone of Dealer equipment.

Dependent on the type of head unit you have some can be directly modified via software on a USB stick or disc. (RT6 based Sat Nav units can have the parking sensor volume and other features enabled via Mirascript software)
Thank you so much for your response, Not sure what head unit I have, can't find it on the cars paperwork. All I know its has the tom tom maps and the car is the 2008 gt line on a 67 plate. If I manage to find out, where can I start looking for the Mirascript software.
Thanks again.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If its tomtom maps its not a RT based unit so mirascript will not work
Ok thanks, could you please give me a link for that Planet/Diagbox and where I can buy from as I see so many different types not sure which is the right one. I have been looking on amazon.
Thank you again really appreciate your help.

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
You will need at Diagbox 8 at least. Diagbox 7 does not recognise most of the ECU's in newer models. Trying to install V8 on my laptop with Windows 7 but not having a great deal of success. Diagbox V7 does not recognise the ecu's in either my sons 2013 or my 2016 2008.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Here is an example. Note that the software requires the Lexia 3 hardware - you cannot just install the software and use a standard OBD2 lead.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here is an example. Note that the software requires the Lexia 3 hardware - you cannot just install the software and use a standard OBD2 lead.
Does anyone have a link with a proven one that actually works. I have had to send one back this week as it did not even have the Peugeot 2008 on the list of cars and I was told that most of them only go up to 2015 and there are a lot of dodgy copies out there.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
All the software is hacked. The later versions seem more "hacky" and complicated to install.

This thread will explain much. I gather the chief hacker is Mr Simple.

There are versions of Diagbox 8.xxx in virtual machines for sale on eBay, but who knows if they will work. You must have Rev C Lexia hardware.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
All the software is hacked. The later versions seem more "hacky" and complicated to install.

This thread will explain much. I gather the chief hacker is Mr Simple.

There are versions of Diagbox 8.xxx in virtual machines for sale on eBay, but who knows if they will work. You must have Rev C Lexia hardware.

Thank you

·
Registered
14,933 Posts
Reason planet wont work on later versions is because the later cars use different systems and i dont think buying a newer version of planet helps in that respect.

We had trouble getting ANYTHING to talk to a 2016 partner van due to this issue even the GUCCI snap on stuff could not read it !

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Reason planet wont work on later versions is because the later cars use different systems and i dont think buying a newer version of planet helps in that respect.

We had trouble getting ANYTHING to talk to a 2016 partner van due to this issue even the GUCCI snap on stuff could not read it !
I think im going to wait till there is one that is proven and will work with the later cars as I have already sent one software package back and don't want to keep doing This.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts

Isn't Diagbox (as opposed to Planet) supposed to work with vehicles from 2016 on?

·
Registered
14,933 Posts
No diagbox is just a name change at somepoint they updated the way it works after 2006 with all the software changes on the cars at that time RD4 radios etc this is why people get confused its all essentially the same thing diagbox will read older cars too.

Problem seems to be the software has changed again in 2015/16 and as most of us dont need to plug in cars that new its not really been an issue but it will become one no doubt a newer version of diagbox that does work will become available and that will still read older cars too.

The more you update diagbox the more of the simplistic user friendly planet you loose though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts