Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm looking to buy a diagnostic tool/scanner for my 2006 Peugeot 407SW 2.0HDi
My car failed it's MOT as the ABS and ESP lights are on and I believe it's just a sensor.
I am in France so I can't contact a member on here who already owns Peugeot Planet for help.
I've been looking at icarsoft i970 and Peugeot Planet. Is the icarsoft as good as the Peugeot Planet? Which Diagbox or Lexia3 should I get as there are a lot out there. I'm looking more at the icarsoft because I understand the Peugeot Planet only runs on Windows XP and possibly WIN 7 which I don't have. I have windows 10.

Thanks in advance for any advice and help.
Sharon

·
Registered
14,950 Posts
Diagbox is what you need and it works fine on windows 10

Diagbox is what most actually use planet is the older software lexia is the citroen software the adapter is actually called actia it is all very confusing but just buy the latest version and install diagbox it installs the peugeot and citroen software as well as an older version of planet which as you say wont work but diagbox works fine on windows 10 i have it in this laptop

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
latest diagbox?

I am very grateful for your reply but I am an absolute novice. You say Diagbox is the later one to buy and works with windows 10 but again there are several versions from what I can see on Ebay varying in price from £40 and a lot more upwards. I would prefer not to have to buy a windows XP laptop but I really need to be told exactly what to buy.

Many thanks
Sharon

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Will this work with windows 10?

I wanted to post a link but I'm not allowed but will this do and work with windows 10?

Lexia 3 PP2000 Diagbox 7.83 963830C/4.3.3V For Citroen Peugeot Diagnostic ToolL6

·
Registered
14,950 Posts
Planet runs on XP this is NOT what you need you need diagbox

ALL versions work on modern computers diagbox is the newer software and is what is needed for your age of car there is NO exact one to buy they are ALL clones of the real thing ALL work fine its only the method of installation that causes issues

The adater/interface needs to be revision C but i doubt anyone is selling any revision B ones anymore.

I have it installed on 3 different PCs and i can use any adapter/interface on any of the 3 PCs

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Some people have found that Diagbox will only run trouble-free on 32-bit Windows 10. My experience with a 64-bit Win 10 confirms that. Most installations of Win 10 are 64-bit.

Notwithstanding that, it is always possible on a 64-bit system to use VMWare Player (free for non-commercial use) to install a 32-bit Windows as a virtual machine. It is then easy to install either Planet or Diagbox into the VM. I have done it several times, using a WinXP SP3 VM, and it works very well.

·
Registered
14,950 Posts
You just run it in compatibility mode which essentially does the same thing as your VM but without anything extra to install and it works fine my laptop is 64bit and it runs fine

I am NOT a PC expert if i can make it work anyone can !!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tips

I have bought this

Lexia-3-PP2000-Diagbox-7-83-963830C-4-3-3V-For-Citroen-Peugeot-Diagnostic-ToolL6

Any tips on installation or software please?

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Just Google "Installing Diagbox Youtube". Plenty to choose from.

When installing, do not plug the interface box into the PCs USB port until prompted, or the drivers will not install correctly.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Nothing good. The update does not happen, because the Peugeot servers recognise the cracked software. The application crashes. Maybe it corrupts and has to be re-installed.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've just been looking at these kits for diagnostics stuff.

Lexia 3 PP2000 Diagbox 7.83 963830C/4.3.3V For Citroen Peugeot Diagnostic ToolL6

What exactly do you get?

What do you need to get it working?

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
You get an electronic interface (Proxia/Lexia 3)which connects between the car's EOBD socket and a PC USB socket, the necessary connecting cables (plus, usually, a cable for pre-OBD cars) and a disk with Peugeot Planet 2000, Diagbox, plus numerous updates which you may not need, unless the car is quite recent. Instructions for installing the software abound on YouTube.

You need a PC with, preferably, a 32-bit Windows system (XP SP3 is favourite). Some people have success with Diagbox on a 64-bit system, others not. I have used a 64-bit Win 10 running 32-bit XP as a virtual machine, which is fine, but of no advantage as regards speed, as the software does not support multi-threading. However, if you use VMWare Player as the virtualisation system, and suspend it instead of closing it down, it cuts out the lengthy reboot when you want to use it again.

Planet is fine for older cars, but the newer models require Diagbox.

When installing, do not plug the interface into the PC until prompted, or the drivers will not install correctly. Do not allow the software to do online updates - it is cracked and will crash, and may need to be re-installed.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So I have the codes from the Diagbox. It is coming up with P1830 and U1213.
P1830 says on diagbox Fault on the front wheels speed information not received by the CAN (Anti-lock braking system ECU).

U1213 Fault in the information transmitted by the dynamic stability control (ESP) ECU

Is this difficult to do, expensive or not?

Thanks for all your help. Very much appreciated.

·
Registered
14,950 Posts
You need to look at live data while driving for all 4 wheel sensors you should see the 4 signals are all pretty close if 1 is different OR non existant then that will be the issue but it can be caused by the sensor the ring on the bearing OR wiring.

·
Registered
14,950 Posts
Thats not live data thats a global scan you need to go into the ABS and look at parameters readings i think they call it then look at wheel speeds all 4 need to match closely

1 - 20 of 24 Posts