Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi peeps.

As before, my 2010 308 1.6 HDi is giving a "risk of particle filter blocking" message every time the engine is started. The additive was topped up and counters reset around 20000 miles ago. A bit of light reading leads me to believe two major culprits of this COULD be that either the DPF itself needs to be changed (or at least the car needs to be told it has been?) or, the glowplugs could be faulty?

I have been looking at a couple of diagnostic tools, the iCarsoft CP11 which is advertised as being able to force a re-gen amongst other things and, the iCarsoft i970, which I believe will read error codes, but not erase them or force a re-gen. The i970 is about £50 cheaper than the CP11.

I have tried a manual regen with a 4000 RPM (77mph indicated in 4th gear) 25+ mile journey, but am still getting the error message. I am also led to believe the message MAY need to be reset with a diagnostic tool, rather than reset itself?

Question is - does anyone have any experience of using wither of these machines? Or even better, does anyone within a 2 day drive of South Manchester actually possess one, that they may consider plugging in to my car and investigating?

Cheers,
Lee.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers Brian.

I'm waiting to hear back from one member, problem is I've not yet amassed enough posts to contact people directly :(

Regards,
Lee.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts