Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 model 307SW HDI 110BHP and I can't find the frigging diagnostic socket. I have looked to the right of the steering column with both panels removed where everybody says it should be and it is not there. Does anyone know where it is on this model?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Having found my diagnostic socket I then plugged in my OTC 3109EU scan tool and got a 'LINK ERROR' message ( several attempts). The tool last worked OK on a 2003 Fiat Stilo 1.6 petrol. Any ideas why it wont communicate with my 2007 307 1.6 HDI SW?:(

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
I have a Vgate scan EOBD reader which works on all the Peugeot models I've tried, though not so well on the 308 T9, but then that hadn't been made when the scan tool was.
It cycles through different protocols before connecting. I think it ends up using KWP2000.
I expect the newer version (under £30 on Ebay) would be fine on the T9.

But Peugeot Planet is the better one.

·
5,836 Posts
Pre 2008 diesels did not have to comply with the OBDII requirements so prior to that date some diesels will not read with a cheap code reader which only use the ODBII standards to read data

·
5,836 Posts
All diesel vehicles sold in the EU should be EOBD compliant from 2004.
What is EOBD, what about OBD2 and OBD?

But it's never that simple.
I should have been a bit clearer I was talking about CAN OBD being 2007-8 ish which a lot of the cheap readers only support.

I had the same issues with a 307 and 206 diesels which were a 2006 and 2007 and a galaxy only Planet or higher end code reader would read the basic ones would just be ECU not replied or link error etc

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have a Vgate scan EOBD reader which works on all the Peugeot models I've tried, though not so well on the 308 T9, but then that hadn't been made when the scan tool was.
It cycles through different protocols before connecting. I think it ends up using KWP2000.
I expect the newer version (under £30 on Ebay) would be fine on the T9.

But Peugeot Planet is the better one.
What model Vgate scanner do you have and what is the newer version? Two models on ebay D900 & VS890-which is the better one?

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
I had a look at the Vgate scanners on ebay. It is a VS890 Maxiscan OBD2 CAN BUS for £22.99 delivered. I don't need it but it will be OK for my lad to use if he gets a fault and reads it before I have to step in as he lives about 30mins from me. I will try it on my vehicles and let you know how it goes. I have 2 Astra's, G & H, a VW Tiguan and a 307 on which I use my scanners.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi nobby.
Welcome to the forum.

Firstly, just under the title there is a bar with a number of options on it. The first 2 are Home and Forum. Click on the Quick Links, select edit Signature, enter the details of your car and then save it. Now every time you make a post the details of your car will be at the bottom of the post.

As you can see I have the same car as you. The first time I took it to a garage to have some work done on it I had to show them where the OBD port was. They thought it was behind the panel by the driver’s door.

You have an OTC 3109EU scan tool. I do not know if you know but you can update the software on it. https://www.otctools.com/3109-obd-ii-scan-tool

If that does not help, you could buy an Autel MS300 from ebay for about £10. It will tell you what the fault codes are but it will not give you a description of the fault but you can soon Google what it is or search for it on here.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Tried that but although it says the latest version is 9044 this does not appear in the installation wizard which says I have the latest version installed i.e. 8B49 03/30/2012. Confusing or what!! Thanks anyway.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts