Peugeot Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Thinking of buying Peugeot Planet but not got much idea what it's benefit is going to be. Other than reading and clearing fault codes, what else can it do?

If I were to buy it, what's the cost likely to be and is that for just software, just hardware, or both?

Cheers.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Viking said:
Thinking of buying Peugeot Planet but not got much idea what it's benefit is going to be. Other than reading and clearing fault codes, what else can it do?

If I were to buy it, what's the cost likely to be and is that for just software, just hardware, or both?

Cheers.
Hi Viking,
Like above i got mine from ebay and it works fine...:)

Remember clearing fault code wont fix the problem(s) but will steer you in the right direction...I'm still learning myself...:)
Ron.

This is what it can do....

Read identification
Displays complete identification of control unit, e.g. part number, software/hardware version, manufacturer, etc...

Read fault codes
Displays all stored and pending fault codes with complete description (e.g. "Rail pressure - too low pressure").
Program supports report printing or copy to clipboard.

Clear fault codes
This function clears all stored fault codes and other diagnostic information.

Auto-scan ( Complete car scan / test )
Detects all ECU's (electronic control units) installed in car and reads all diagnostic fault codes.

Measured Values
Program displays live Data like Engine Speed, Battery voltage, Oxygen Sensor, Coolant Temperature, etc. Values can be displayed in graph, 9 values at once, or full listing (all measured values). Logging to file is also supported, which allows offline analysis.

Actuator test
Actuator test activates particular actuator (e.g. turn on fuel pump, lock/unlock wheel, lock/unlock doors, cut off fuel, etc..)

Programming functions/Adaptation
This feature is of great importance in all vehicles because systems like Engine control units, Immobilizers, Airbags, Alarms, Body Control Units, and some others, require you to perform reset or programming procedures after car repair is done, or even configuration after replacing broken Control Unit.

Hardware and Software requirements
Software requires at least Intel Celeron/Pentium III 400 MHz, 128 MB RAM, 50MB free HDD space and USB 1.1 port (USB 2.0 recommended) and Microsoft Windows 98 SR2/2000/XP with the latest service pack installed

·
Registered
37 Posts
So it's something akin to VCDS (Vag Com) which is VW/Audi based, and gives basically the full dealer capabilities on a laptop. Don't suppose it reads down as far as security coding for keys, transponders, and remote coding does it?

Also, any idea how much I should be paying?

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that about sums it up Viking , i`m looking at around the £200 mark not including laptop of course , which has to be xp.

C

·
0 Posts
I have a cunning plan to bypass this and provide a Planet compatible system for about £50. I'm off work for quite a spell on the sick from the end of this month, and I'll be using the time to work further on this.

watch this space ;)

·
Registered
196 Posts
codes read in southampton area.wide range of cars

hi all i offer a code read for a wide range of cars,pug ren.cit.benz audi and more,i am in the southampton area.also reset of abs and airbags.and have acsess to AUTODATA to show location of the parts.the charge is £15 its to just go towards the price i paid for the reader.i think its a good price seem they are not cheap to buy and for to use them only once is a lot of money.
if intrestered just pm me and i will send information,

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bummer , got Planet Peugeot , got the laptop, got the xp to run it on - didn`t know theres only a cd drive on the bloody thing and it needs a dvd drive,
mate of mine will through one in tomorrow, have to wait another day.:mad:

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Right crashed my old laptop last nite on xp , loading Peugeot Planet at the minute on another laptop with "windows 7" , will let you know if it works ,3/4`s way through fingers crossed

update - pp will load on windows 7 , but mozilla just zapped me , uninstalled mozilla and pp , reinstalling pp as we type.

update 2 - will load on windows 7 but will not run , start to load on xp now , will leave windows 7 to my computer mate tomorrow just to see if he can get it to run.

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just given birth to a bouncing planet peugeot :egghatch: , eveybody well but dad stressed out as hell, will try on a car tomorrow , now time to sleep :sleep: , thanks all.:tiphat:

·
Registered
196 Posts
well mine should be here on monday fingers crossed, i have just duel boot my laptop to run all car apps autodata and pplanet etc in xp.as mcafee keeps deleteing filles outa my autodata arrrrg.so left vista on the other boot to surf internet etc etc,and xp just for car softwere.so it not easy to instal? what should i look out for when installing it????

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
They give you instructions but they must be translating them because you would think they left bits out, got mine loaded but at the minute won`t talk to my car , think it`s easier to load lexia first then pp, never thought it would drive me this mad.:eek:

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Right everything went well untill i plugged into my cars , not reading them so another reinstall , i`m doing more reruns than the "wizard of oz" at christmas.

and just to make matters worse one of choppers mates gave me a £30 on the spot yesterday for an illegal number plate.:mad: :mad:

S

·
0 Posts
Are you still running it on windows 7?

If so have you tried putting the app into XP compatibility mode?

·
Registered
873 Posts
What was the total cost for the hardware and software. Please post link of the ebay seller.

Also with lexia and planet on xp will it be possible to code car keys and radios.If this is possible I think it will be worthwhile buying it.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.