Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 407 and need help interpreting a couple of faults.

The first one is P0409 which relates to the Egr valve. This was replaced a couple of months ago. Using an autel maxi dash gives me the description:
EGR SOLENOID VALVE. Sticking of the valve whilst driving. EGR valve, not enough EGR, EGR Valve too closed in relation to the reference value.

The second one is p1351. I have a message in the dash of "risk if particle filter clogging" The diagnostic reader says "pre/post heating really circuit relay controlled and spark plugs not supplied"

Anyone got any ideas what these actually mean and how to fix them?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have a 2005 407 and need help interpreting a couple of faults.

The first one is P0409 which relates to the Egr valve. This was replaced a couple of months ago. Using an autel maxi dash gives me the description:
EGR SOLENOID VALVE. Sticking of the valve whilst driving. EGR valve, not enough EGR, EGR Valve too closed in relation to the reference value.

The second one is p1351. I have a message in the dash of "risk if particle filter clogging" The diagnostic reader says "pre/post heating really circuit relay controlled and spark plugs not supplied"

Anyone got any ideas what these actually mean and how to fix them?
EGR - you have to dismantle and clean
Particle Filter needs to perform regeneration with diagnose
Pre/Post heating - one of the glow plugs needs replacing.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
The EGR valve reports its actual position back to the ECU and this fault occurs when the reported position is too far away from the requested positon.

This is really strange as you have a new EGR valve.

Everyone has the plugs thing. It means glow plugs, not spark plugs. I had it, I got new glow plugs, and it went away. The glow plugs are used to start the HDi, but the light to ask you to wait only comes on when it's very cold. They're also used during DPF regeneration to add load to the engine to help get the exhaust gas temperature up to 400 degrees. It's possible that glow plugs not working is preventing DPF regeneration, but I've never got a straight answer on this.

See here for how the DPF works:
http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/1306802-post2.html

Most likely a regen is overdue. Less likely is that the amount of additive in the filter has reached the maximum level.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts