Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Evening all.

I am looking for a bit of help on behalf of another forum member if people would be so kind. Had a chap contact me as his 307cc was coming up with "bow fault" on the multi function display. He was told that it has something to do with the folding roof. He popped around for a diagnostic and I found a few other faults that we would like help with :p but not anything to do with the roof.

I was hoping for someone to advise on what to look for with the bow fault as the roof is opening and closing fine and I could not find any fault codes in planet. Also I was hoping for some direction with the other faults...

I have said before I am not a mechanic, I just like to play. I will list the errors below.

Multifunction display
Intermittent fault. No +ve permanent on the display .

Engine ECU
Permanent fault. Cylinder reference sensor 1 Open circuit, short circuit to positive, short circuit to earth
Permanent fault. Cooling fan status Open circuit, short circuit to positive, short circuit to earth

Sun roof
TOUV_TEXTON
Intermittent fault. Cycle not completed or interrupted fault.

Airbag ECU
Intermittent fault. Side module trigger( left) Open circuit.

Air conditioning ECU
Intermittent fault. Passenger compartment temperature sensor rotor jammed.

Any help will be greatly appreciated :thumb:

·
Registered
149 Posts
Good Evening all.

I am looking for a bit of help on behalf of another forum member if people would be so kind. Had a chap contact me as his 307cc was coming up with "bow fault" on the multi function display. He was told that it has something to do with the folding roof. He popped around for a diagnostic and I found a few other faults that we would like help with :p but not anything to do with the roof.

I was hoping for someone to advise on what to look for with the bow fault as the roof is opening and closing fine and I could not find any fault codes in planet. Also I was hoping for some direction with the other faults...

I have said before I am not a mechanic, I just like to play. I will list the errors below.

Multifunction display
Intermittent fault. No +ve permanent on the display .

Engine ECU
Permanent fault. Cylinder reference sensor 1 Open circuit, short circuit to positive, short circuit to earth
Permanent fault. Cooling fan status Open circuit, short circuit to positive, short circuit to earth

Sun roof
TOUV_TEXTON
Intermittent fault. Cycle not completed or interrupted fault.

Airbag ECU
Intermittent fault. Side module trigger( left) Open circuit.

Air conditioning ECU
Intermittent fault. Passenger compartment temperature sensor rotor jammed.

Any help will be greatly appreciated :thumb:
Nice list of faults there!
This is not a definitive answer but just a guide.
Display fault can be memorised from something as simple as the battery being disconnected at some time.
Engine ECU fault can be an intermittent fault on a cam sensor (mostly on a twin sensor petrol).
Airbag fault: Would suspect a wiring fault in seat loom.
Air con fault: The small fan blowing air onto the interior temp sensor is prone to jam
Regarding the bow fault I would suspect an intermittent fault with one of the roof switches or the wiring. It can also come up if the operation of the roof was stopped at some point during its operation by releasing the switch.
Personally I would clear all the faults and see which come back as a more accurate indication of what is actually playing up.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply.

I cleared all the faults after printing them off. The forum member said he had fixed an air bag issue before the diagnostics.

The air bag issue was the only fault that didn't come back :D

We mentioned the cam sensor when we saw that error. The one that really threw me the most was the air con error.

Any advise on how to find that fan and check it out?

Thanks again.

·
Registered
149 Posts
The sensor is behind the dash. You should see some small slots in the dash to the right or left of the radio ( can't remember which side ).
Easiest way is to remove the radio and remove it from the back. With the engine running and the air con on you should be able to see the little fan turning. It may well be running but if a fault was recorded then I would suspect it is jamming. 406's used to suffer with this problem and they would be noisy. If you can hear any running noises then I would definitely suspect it.
405's suffered with the same problem but that was before most people were born and they still haven't sorted it :lol:
Good luck with the rest of your recorded faults.

·
Registered
35 Posts
The "Bow Fault" is the ANTI ROLL BAR Ecu fault and it is found under the rear wheel and is bolted to the floor under a black plastic cover towards the rear of the boot (lights end ) that protects the ECU's ,wiring and roof motors , here you will find that water has got to it and it and the ECU fails, it has a orange wiring plug going into it

There is also a "ROOF ECU " This operates the roof motor and can be found in the polystyrene block that is under the plastic cover that you can see when the spare wheel is removed , if the roof works ok take the whole roof ecu and wiring out of the polystyrene and cover and tape in a few plastic bags this will protect it against future water ingress

The worst senario is it has been reported that when these get wet they blow the rear anti roll bars (in rear seats and headrests) and seat belt tensions whilst the roof is still DOWN ...not good

"bow fault " This is the best senario as its the BSI doing its ecu check and not being able to find the ECU

To fix the problem is a new ecu, (not cheap ) £450 new or around £150 second hand but be aware of refiiting yourself as the unit has to be attached to damaged or wet wiring and could cause the new ECU to blow or fire the anti roll bars

Everything should be bone dry and the ECU fitted with the battery terminals off and prey to god that when the battery and BSI resett is done the ECU works properly.

Anyway the part number is autoliv 9652363880

hope this helps :lol::lol:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts