Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi.
Following up on my previous thread about testing wastegate actuator. Manage to get hold of a hand vacuum pump, and the wastegate have no issue holding vacuum.

Still trying to diagnose the P2262 code, to narrow in on the source. No boost and obviously no power, and sometime, the car will crawl even when I apply full throttle, and throttle don't seems to respond at all.

I use SuperScan to obtain data for diagnostic, and hope to tap on member knowledge here.

1. How to test the Turbo boost pressure regulator solenoid?
The only test I have done is connect a vacuum gauge to the hose leading to the wastegate actuator, and the gauge reads 25+ in/hg. While the wastegate actuator only need about 14 in/hg for full travel? is this how the pressure regulator should behave. ie, 25in/hg at all time, as seems overkill when the actuator only need 14in/hg?

When I "T" the vacuum hoses. positioning the vacuum gauge between the pressure solenoid and the actuator. The solenoid is still pulling 25in/hg vacuum. and the vacuum respond immediately to the engine rev, and actuator arm open when I apply throttle, and closes when release.

2. I log the ECU data with super scan and notice the following.

- Wastegate electrovalve OCR :-
- 94% at idle or no throttle applied
- fluctuate between 34% - 24% +- when throttle is applied. Hence, suggest it is opening and closing..

- Turbocharging Pressure setting:-
- 980mbar at idle and throttle release
- 1K++ (between 980 to 1500+) when driving
- Hence. Seems to have pressure but not boosting?

- Turbocharging pressure measured:-
- 990mbar at idle..
- 990mbar when driving. No change.
- sometimes 1000mbar when applying throttle with veh stopped.

- Measured atmospheric pressure:-
- 990mbar at all situation.

- Dump valve electrovalve OCR always shows 0.0

I have replaced the diverter valve, and have even use the internal off a volkswagon revision D diverter valve, but it never energizes..

There is a small leak at the side of the turbo to the exhuast manifold, as I can see bubble when I spray soapy liquid at cold start. and also slight leaking at catalytic converter side and also the O2 sensor thread.

Also does the pressure sensor have anything to do with P2262 codes? The one on the hose after the intercooler, and the one at the manifold?

Any help and suggestion on diagnostic method will be very much appreciated.

·
Registered
14,295 Posts
The actuator arm on the turbo should not move when you rev the engine it is a vacuum controlled wastegate and as such gets closed by the vacuum and only opens when max boost is reached but as usual your not telling us what car or engine we are talking about so its hard to give accurate answers without the correct information

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,

Sorry, I miss out that important detail. It is a Citroen C4 Picasso I 1.6THP. Uses the same EP6 engine and AL4 gearbox like the Peugeot 308.

The problem is worse today with no codes. Car was crawling driving off from stop, and sometime the engine seems like it wants' to quit.

The actuator arm on the turbo should not move when you rev the engine it is a vacuum controlled wastegate and as such gets closed by the vacuum and only opens when max boost is reached but as usual your not telling us what car or engine we are talking about so its hard to give accurate answers without the correct information

1 - 3 of 3 Posts