Peugeot Forums banner

Diagnosing heater blower or resistor issues

4K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  patspiercing 
#1 ·
OK I have a 307 CC with auto aircon/climate control

For a month the fan was making a noise at low speed, then it started to fail completely intermittently, I mean the fan that is

Never had any issues with the aircon or heating apart from the fan not working

I have removed the fan/blower after a fair bit of blood and have taken it apart.

Using this thread

The resistor looks in good order as do the connections. The fan/blower seems a little stiff, if i spin with my hand it turns once then stops.

How does one diagnose whether the issues are with the resistor or fan???

Many Many Thanks

My first Peugeot :)

#3 ·
Still got issues

OK I brought a secondhand fan from ebay and plugged it in (lose, inside the car), and that doesnt work either (it turned up broken, center spindle is cracked but I still would have been able to see the motor spinning

So I thought that I would check the fuses again and realized I might have been looking at the wrong fuse as the layout of the fuses in the owners manual appears to be different than what I have in the car

I will have to post an image tomorrow of my fuse box and hope one of you kind peeps will explain which fuse it is

My book says fuse 18 for air conditioning blower but the fuse box graphic in the owners manual looks nothing like what I am looking at. and what I can figure out is number 18 has a ten amp rather than the stated 40amp in the owners manual

Many thanks folks

#4 ·
Can you check by voltmeter the voltage on Fan's pins connector,

Activate the fan switch and verify that about 12 volt is exists between the power wires pins, be careful not to short the contacts (I assume that the positive is the Red color and the negative is the black, in addition check on the original Fan the electrical resistance between the fan contacts (verify that the coil is not disconnected).

#9 ·
Sorry getting confused. I have two connectors going to the fan, one for the power the other for the resistor. I can check the power for 12v and i can check the resistance between the power terminals of the fan?? Right??

But where is the resistor module?? this is a climate control/aircon model

Cheers

#10 ·
o.k. 2 connectors - does 12V for the fan connectors fine?

What resistance do U measure on the stand alone fan contacts.
For the resistors module see on YouTube movie (do U know french?:D)

For manual A/C it is behind the glove compartment, on left side,
I think that it is very similar to climate control...Good Luck :)
and Pls. update how it is going.

#13 ·
I managed to get it working, when the unit was out of its aperture, on the floor as it were :)

The speed control worked etc but now I have refitted it, it is stuck on full power and will not turn off :(

I will have to remove it again tomorrow. I think it might be the connector or connections for the resistor

Thanks for your help