Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

which version diagbox is better setup to pc?
telecoding is ok?
i think that v.7.61 has problem with telecoding.
any newer?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hello.

@Paul-R: did you get to the bottom of this? What is the latest version of diagbox one can use with offline telecoding?

Cheers

·
Registered
978 Posts
OK, read it now. Unfortunately I can't check any of this out at the moment as I'm in hospital but I'll pass this on to someone who may be able to.

What year is your car? Do you need a late telecoding version? Or are you just asking in general?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Sorry to hear you are in a Hospital...get well soon!

I was asking because my previuos car is a Pug Tepee from 2011, and I have diagbox installed (v07.83) on a windows xp laptop I own. I would like to know if its possible to update the diagbox (and up to which version do I have to), to be able to test some changes in my newly acquired 2015 308 sw GT 180 (6 speed auto box). 4 years in software development make a hhuge diference, and I cannot follow the version changes anymore, so I just starting my research on this matter again...

·
Registered
978 Posts
The chap I shared the link with was aware of it and, he says, the original source. But he doesn't think too much of the project as there is too much difficulty involved. I also think that there's way too much to do.

From looking around I found this:

V7.58 covers PSA vehicles produces at November 2015 and is widely accepted as a stable version. There is an automatic desire in us to want to 'upgrade' everything - but that is not always the right thing to do when dealing with cloned hardware and patched software, working outside the dealer network of course.
So, you should not need to go much beyond 7.58, if at all.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Ok, so this brings me some peace of mind with this subject. I don't have to do any more upgrades to the software I have, it will likely work well with the new car. Those are great news...

Cheers.

·
Registered
978 Posts
If you are on 7.83 then you are already into the area where telecoding is a problem. If the Diagbox does what you want then fine but otherwise it might be an idea to downgrade to 7.58 if a downgrade path is available. Otherwise you might have to reinstall and stop at 7.58.

·
Registered
78 Posts
If you are on 7.83 then you are already into the area where telecoding is a problem. If the Diagbox does what you want then fine but otherwise it might be an idea to downgrade to 7.58 if a downgrade path is available. Otherwise you might have to reinstall and stop at 7.58.
You are fully right. I just tested it last night and first, many of the car's equipments, including the main ecu are not recognised, asking for an online connection, and in those recognised, such as the bsi, telecoding is barred, asking to call the helpline.

·
Registered
78 Posts
So today I uninstalled version 7.83 from my xp laptop, cleaned the registry after rebooting, and reeinstalled 7.02, then updated from 7.02 to 7.57, and then from 7.57 to 7.58.

Connected to my car and the result was more or less the same as with version 7.83: I can read and see errors, view parameter lists, but I cannot manually telecode anything. And a lot of the components are still not recognised. The only positive part was that the software is not always asking for a connection with the server, as this is heavily anoying on version 7.83.

Thanks for the infos before though. It was worth trying.

Cheers

·
Registered
978 Posts
My source has changed the information slightly. He now says 7.58 of Diagbox will cover vehicles up to October 2014, which is more in line with what I thought as it should be fine for my 2013 C5. I think I wouldn't go any further 7.62 as this seems to be the last stable version that will still telecode.

But, the problem may not the Diagbox version. It may be a hardware problem. In order to use these late versions you must have what is known as a full chip interface and must be what is known as Rev C.

This seems to show what you should have. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lexia-3-921815C-Diagnostic-C-itroen-P-eugeot/dp/B077YJ7QP4

Note how fully populated the circuit board is. The description says 921815C and the 'C' indicates that it is rev C. There is a program available that you can run on your laptop (Windows only!) that can check this if you don't know.

How old is the Diagbox system? How much did it cost?

·
Registered
78 Posts
My source has changed the information slightly. He now says 7.58 of Diagbox will cover vehicles up to October 2014, which is more in line with what I thought as it should be fine for my 2013 C5. I think I wouldn't go any further 7.62 as this seems to be the last stable version that will still telecode.

But, the problem may not the Diagbox version. It may be a hardware problem. In order to use these late versions you must have what is known as a full chip interface and must be what is known as Rev C.

This seems to show what you should have. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lexia-3-921815C-Diagnostic-C-itroen-P-eugeot/dp/B077YJ7QP4

Note how fully populated the circuit board is. The description says 921815C and the 'C' indicates that it is rev C. There is a program available that you can run on your laptop (Windows only!) that can check this if you don't know.

How old is the Diagbox system? How much did it cost?
It costed above 120 euro in 2014, from ebay.co.uk. don't remember the seller...I will check the version with the program, i also have it...and upgrade to 7.62 to see if anything changes.

Cheers.

·
Registered
78 Posts
So I just finished upgrading the firmware of the interface to version C, and upped the lexia version to 7.62...I will give it another go later today.

·
Registered
978 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have no idea about the circuitry...I did not disassemble it. The firmware I got it from a russian forum, after some googling...I followed the instructions and it worked very well. There were warnings in the forum about possible bricking of the device, and solutions for unbricking it using a serial port programmer...but it worked well via usb, so all is ready for a test.

·
Registered
978 Posts
As it's from 2014 there will be no warranty on it and for your own peace of mind you really should remove the covers to be sure. It probably is full chip (I don't know if you can update to Rev C on a partial chip unit) but it would also be interesting to know whether or not your unit has the resistor.

·
Registered
78 Posts
So I am giving it the final tests...version 7.62 with the C firmware and updated driver did not work for telecoding anything in my car, although I could see data from all equipment, even those not automatically recognised. So before giving up, I am updating the software back to 7.83 as I used to have, but this time with the updated firmware. I think I remeber that last time I was on the internet for updating the system, I did not update the firmware back then because of my old car not needing it - and because all the fuss around the possibility of bricking it. I will report back...

1 - 20 of 58 Posts