Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I am having problems getting my Diagbox to connect to my Peugeot 207 1.4 Sport 2009

My Diagbox in on Rev C and firmware 4.3.4

I have tried Diagbox versions v7.02 ran on VM XP SP3 & v7.58 & v7.83 which were ran on VMware XP Pro thanks to Windy1630 for giving me the last 2 versions. Both were 32bit versions

Each time I try to connect or Auto connect car isn't recognized the Vin No isn't picked up I have to put that in myself.
and every time I've had a no dialogue response when trying to run.

Running out of ideas Quickly so any help would be appreciated.

Silly question time.

I have two OBD II cables with mine one has a red band around it is there any difference between the two cables ?

Thanks Graeme

·
12,384 Posts
Do you have the option to run it native on a computer rather than virtually?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you have the option to run it native on a computer rather than virtually?
No its windows 10 64bit that's on my laptop I maybe able to get one but unsure.

Do you think this would solve the issue ?

I have noticed I have two OBD II cable with it and one has a red band around it is there any difference between the two cables.

Thanks

·
7,587 Posts
Sound like the interface is installed OK if you are not getting connect VCI message. Autoconnect does not work as clone copies of diagbox cannot connect to PSA server.

Are you choosing the right version of the 207 as some were VAN network some CAN or CAN+

That year I would expect to be 207 CAN.

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sound like the interface is installed OK if you are not getting connect VCI message. Autoconnect does not work as clone copies of diagbox cannot connect to PSA server.

Are you choosing the right version of the 207 as some were VAN network some CAN or CAN+

That year I would expect to be 207 CAN.

Hi M8

I have tried them all, still get a msg up saying something like connect to diagnose but i hit the red cross its as if its trying to log into something then i get no dialogue in all categories.

should i have computer connected to internet or disconnected ?

could firewall play a part in this problem

I get couldn't connect to ECU at the end.

lost now don't know what else to try i bought this thinking it would of helped solve my problem

Thanks

·
7,587 Posts
Economy mode and flashing battery light is just because the battery voltage has dropped slightly it will clear once bsi sees engine running again.

Do you have access to a cheap and cheerful generic code reader ELM327 or similar that you could use to confirm the obd2 port is working

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Economy mode and flashing battery light is just because the battery voltage has dropped slightly it will clear once bsi sees engine running again.

Do you have access to a cheap and cheerful generic code reader ELM327 or similar that you could use to confirm the obd2 port is working

I have a cheap £20 code reader and when plugged in it lights up and i can scan for codes but it doesn't find any my m8 gave me his to try and same didnt find any codes but would tell you battery voltage.

So would say it is working from what I can see

Could the BSI stop the ECU from connecting if the BSI was Faulty as i have read that can be the cause on a crank but no start problem.

Is there a way to test my OBD II port ?

Thanks

·
12,384 Posts
Best thing would be to find someone else local with the kit and do a test with their setup.

And vice versa - test your kit on their car.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Hi

Problem I have is going by the Map closest would be Helenburgh or Falkirk but due to Covid restrictions we can't travel just now.

I also have PP2000 software on a disk could I try this.

Only problem i have seen is when trying to install i'm getting a error say rev of module is greater than the software.

Thanks

·
12,384 Posts
Maybe pick up a cheap Samsung Netbook for around £30? Wipe, install XP and Planet then test.

You won't have any problem selling the netbook for what you paid for it - maybe more if Planet is already installed for someone.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Maybe pick up a cheap Samsung Netbook for around £30? Wipe, install XP and Planet then test.

You won't have any problem selling the netbook for what you paid for it - maybe more if Planet is already installed for someone.

Thanks again for your reply

I'll give that a go by Planet are you meaning the PP2000 software or the Diagbox software?

I have both but when I try to install PP2000 I get the error saying the portal Rev is to high for install my Portal is at Rev C does that sound about right ?

Thanks again

Graeme

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hi all

I am having problems getting my Diagbox to connect to my Peugeot 207 1.4 Sport 2009

My Diagbox in on Rev C and firmware 4.3.4

I have tried Diagbox versions v7.02 ran on VM XP SP3 & v7.58 & v7.83 which were ran on VMware XP Pro thanks to Windy1630 for giving me the last 2 versions. Both were 32bit versions

Each time I try to connect or Auto connect car isn't recognized the Vin No isn't picked up I have to put that in myself.
and every time I've had a no dialogue response when trying to run.

Running out of ideas Quickly so any help would be appreciated.

Silly question time.

I have two OBD II cables with mine one has a red band around it is there any difference between the two cables ?

Thanks Graeme
I am a new user of Diagbox and I also had some problems getting it working. I initially tried using a 64bit Windows 10 machine and Diagbox was able to read my 2002 307’s VIN without a problem but that all it would do so I put Diagbox on a Windows XP laptop and it all worked fine.

One thing I noticed is that Diagbox will not read the VIN number if the BSI is asleep. I simply open and shut the car door before confirming that the car is connected.

You should be able to tell if the Interace (Lexia-3) is communicating with the PC. After you select the car model you should get a screen as shown below or something similar. If the interface (Lexia-3) is not connected to the PC all you get is a blank page with the words "PLEASE CONNECTED A VCI"

BTW what computer are you running the VMware on? My Windows 10 machine was upgraded from Windows 7 so it has some legacy software still on it. If you are using a new Windows 10 machine it may not have .NETframework3.5 installed.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
I am a new user of Diagbox and I also had some problems getting it working. I initially tried using a 64bit Windows 10 machine and Diagbox was able to read my 2002 307’s VIN without a problem but that all it would do so I put Diagbox on a Windows XP laptop and it all worked fine.

One thing I noticed is that Diagbox will not read the VIN number if the BSI is asleep. I simply open and shut the car door before confirming that the car is connected.

You should be able to tell if the Interace (Lexia-3) is communicating with the PC. After you select the car model you should get a screen as shown below or something similar. If the interface (Lexia-3) is not connected to the PC all you get is a blank page with the words "PLEASE CONNECTED A VCI"

BTW what computer are you running the VMware on? My Windows 10 machine was upgraded from Windows 7 so it has some legacy software still on it. If you are using a new Windows 10 machine it may not have .NETframework3.5 installed.

View attachment 91845
Thanks for the Reply

I am using a Window 10 64 bit which was originally Window 7 and been upgraded to window 10 i am running the Diagbox through VMware which is running Windows XP 32 bit version.

I was originally getting Please connect to VCI but one of the other kind members on the forum helped me with this and now that problem is solve but just still can't connect to the car. (I hadn't clicked on the usb to connect the device in Vmware). I just get No Dialogue return from the car.

Interesting what you said about NETframework3.5 being installed would you say this should be installed on my windows 10 or on the VMware ? Do you think this could be my problem.

Looks like i have NETframework4.0 on my Windows 10

My next step was to wipe another old laptop and install Windows XP on it at try from there taking the virtual side away from it.

Can i ask what you are running yours on is it a standalone or through a Virtual Machine ?

Thanks again for your comment

·
Registered
64 Posts
Can i ask what you are running yours on is it a standalone or through a Virtual Machine ?

Thanks again for your comment
No I am not using a virtual machine or compatibility mode on either the Windows 10 or Windows XP laptop. For my old car I need to use the embedded version of pp2000 within Diagbox. My guess is that my Windows 10 Diagbox would have worked on 2005 version of the 307.

My Windows 10 machine has several older versions of .NET Framework including 3.0 and 3.5. Most software that needs a different version of .NET framework tells you when you ran the application. However, I read on other forums that Diagbox needs V3.5.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi

Problem I have is going by the Map closest would be Helenburgh or Falkirk but due to Covid restrictions we can't travel just now.

I also have PP2000 software on a disk could I try this.

Only problem i have seen is when trying to install i'm getting a error say rev of module is greater than the software.

Thanks
I used a oldish laptop to create 2 XP installations, as I found out you cant install DiagBox and PP2000 on same Windows, They conflict, after several tries reformatting, installing over and over. I partition my HDD in 2 with 2 separate WindowsXPs. one for DiagBox, and one for PP2000. so when it bootes I chose wjich one I will load.
You dont need to connect to Internet, so Firewall should not be any problem.

Now, I have 5008 that works with Diagbox, and 1007 that as you said does not connect, That's why I tried PP2000, There it connects and pick up the VIN and all works.
If someone can suggest on my 5008 It connects and all works except cant connect to engine ECU, all other work.. But I will post in another forum about that..

·
Registered
64 Posts
[/QUOTE]
I used a oldish laptop to create 2 XP installations, as I found out you cant install DiagBox and PP2000 on same Windows, They conflict, after several tries reformatting, installing over and over. I partition my HDD in 2 with 2 separate WindowsXPs. one for DiagBox, and one for PP2000. so when it bootes I chose wjich one I will load.
You dont need to connect to Internet, so Firewall should not be any problem.

Now, I have 5008 that works with Diagbox, and 1007 that as you said does not connect, That's why I tried PP2000, There it connects and pick up the VIN and all works.
If someone can suggest on my 5008 It connects and all works except cant connect to engine ECU, all other work.. But I will post in another forum about that..
What version of Diagbox have you installed?

There are two interface types for the 1007: VAN and CAN. CAN is for new cars and VAN is for earlier cars. You need PP2000 to work with VAN. DiagBox incorporates PP2000 so it can be used on older cars but I needed to install DiagBox 7.75 before I got the VAN option for my 307. This may also be the case for the 1007.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks Guy

I have a old hard drive for my laptop so I will wipe that one and partition it and do the two installs for windows XP and also make sure NETframwork v3.5 is installed.

The problem I had when trying to install PP2000 was it was saying the portal rev was to high (something like that) so couldn't install any ideas how I get around that one.

My Diagbox in on Rev C and firmware 4.3.4.

Thanks Graeme

1 - 20 of 87 Posts