Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I'm after a bit of guidance with my current fault on my 407 SW.

The ABS light is illuminated, but for some reason my Lexia-3 and Diagbox v7.02 cannot communicate with the ABS ECU.

I've replace the ABS ECU and still i keep getting the same problem....I've also fitted two new sensors to the front. There wasn't any corrosion on the ECU connector.

I've gone through and checked every fuse in the engine fuse box and on the BSI in the glove box, all seem ok...I've given them a wire brush to clean up the connections.. but no joy. Check all earth under the bonnet all seem ok.

The current status of the car is:
I Start it up the ABS light illuminates, as i set off and the doors lock the ABS light goes out and pulses can be felt through the pedal...until I go above 20 mph, the the light comes back on and stay's on.

I've seen a few posts from others with the same issue...and I'm thinking is it a software issue as regards to diagnostics...do I need something different?

Or could there be a fault with the BSI.

Any help would much appreciated

Stricko

C

·
0 Posts
What years the car

Have you any other versions of diagbox to try or even planet.

Always found diagbox misses abs ecu on my car can take several scans before it reads it but planet doesn't miss a beat.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The car is a 2006

I don't have any other version of diagbox...I did try PP but for some reason it wouldn't connect?

I was under the understanding that from 2005 you had to use Diagbox...?

·
Registered
464 Posts
Just a thought but, is the ABS the only problem coming up on the dash or are you also getting a ESP/ASR problem as well. The reason I'm asking is on my 2006 407SW I got both warnings at the same time and it turned out to be sensors that needed replacing.

If the ABS is the ONLY warning, I'd expect the problem to be elsewhere as the car uses the same sensors and rings to monitor the speed of the wheels for both the ABS and ESP/ASR systems.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Morning all

Yes the ABS and ESP/ASR warnings are illuminating. The problem I have is Diagbox V7.02 will not communicate with the ABS ECU....so I'm guessing what the error is at the moment.

I'm going to try either an older version or a newer version of Diagbox to start off with!

·
11,766 Posts
Mod Note: Please don't discuss the sharing of copyrighted software.

We don't want this forum to be subject to action from PSA or be known as a place where people can signup and get software for free.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Update!

I re-installed Peugeot Planet and got comms to the ABS ECU...recorded all the faults and now cleared....I'll let you know how the drive to work goes tomorrow.

Thanks and fingers crossed all goes well tomorrow:thumb:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Permanent fault. front left wheel speed sensor. coherence

Looking like a bearing replacement - I'll swap the sensors over just to double check....(I can hope).

Errm...I'm wondering if i caught the bearing when putting the driveshaft back in...replaced an outer CV boot a couple of weekends ago...Ass!

On a positive note...at least I have a spare ABS ECU and can clear faults.

The saga continues....:eek:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Eh up all,

After further inspection the reluctor ring won't work, the sensor is to close to the bearing...so forget that idea.

It turns out there is a surface scuff on the bearing ring...Ive managed to clean it up and now everything is fine up to 60 mph...then the abs light comes back on...so steady Eddie for a while.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts