Peugeot Forums banner

21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Sorry I don’t know about returns there.

Does your old cable work?

I wonder if anyone here ( who is more experienced than I am) can remotely access you laptop to check it’s set up. Teamviewer can allow that!

·
Registered
290 Posts
I downgraded many times to lower version, but when I open diagbox it automatically updates to 4.3.7
Still not working. I even tryed on my dad's car peugeot 307 I have 207
Still not working. I don't know what to do next
View attachment 92694
When I bought my Lexia 3 interface I found several postings pointing out that a lot of Lexia3 clones didn’t work on the 307. Hence, the 307 may not have been the best car the new Lexia 3 on. I am not sure if this relevant but another point is the early (pre 2005) 307s used VAN diagnostics and the later updated 307 used CAN diagnostics.

The interesting thing is that your old Lexia 3 worked once on your 207. Could something have gone wrong in your car? For example the Peugeot diagnostic connector has a 12v connection to pin 1 of the diagnostic connector. This is not part of the OBD standard. This power line has its own fuse could it have blown?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
When I bought my Lexia 3 interface I found several postings pointing out that a lot of Lexia3 clones didn’t work on the 307. Hence, the 307 may not have been the best car the new Lexia 3 on. I am not sure if this relevant but another point is the early (pre 2005) 307s used VAN diagnostics and the later updated 307 used CAN diagnostics.

The interesting thing is that your old Lexia 3 worked once on your 207. Could something have gone wrong in your car? For example the Peugeot diagnostic connector has a 12v connection to pin 1 of the diagnostic connector. This is not part of the OBD standard. This power line has its own fuse could it have blown?
Yeah, as I said it worked once, what I forgot to mention is that I accidentally bented my port to right when I stepped in to car. But no visual damage. What fuse you mean? What is that yellow fuse?

I have peugeot 207 Gt version from 2007

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I just realised you have a left hand drive car so the fuse box is near your OBD connector. I think I can just see the first two fuses (blue and red ) in your photo. I have ringed them in red.
Yes left hand drive :D
I just checked fuses they seem to be good. Well if fuses would go bad car would have other issues too.
I will try on weekend to install program to another pc my desktop and take it outside lol

·
Registered
290 Posts
I agree fuse 4 supplies several things but I am not sure what else fuse 11 does in some cases it just powers an accessories socket.

One thing that may be of help. I initially installed Diagbox 7.57 on a 64 bit Windows 10 laptop without VMWare virtual machine and it had no problem reading my 307's VIN. It was after that I got problems. My car uses the old VAN diagnostics so I had to use the embedded version of PP2000. When I looked through the Windows logs I found there was a problem with a 32 bit driver. I think virtual machine would have fixed the driver problem but I now run Diagbox on a second user Windows XP 32 bit laptop.

Based on my experience and the fact that you can't read the VIN I am not sure a different computer will help. Have you checked the CAN bus resistance in your car. The ECU and BSI both have 120 Ohms termination resistors but they are in parallel on the bus so at the diagnostic connector the resistance between pins 6 and 14 you should measure 60 Ohms.

BTW my understanding is that Diagbox 7.57 cover all cars up to 2015 so you shouldn't need the later versions of the Diagbox software.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Based on my experience and the fact that you can't read the VIN I am not sure a different computer will help. Have you checked the CAN bus resistance in your car. The ECU and BSI both have 120 Ohms termination resistors but they are in parallel on the bus so at the diagnostic connector the resistance between pins 6 and 14 you should measure 60 Ohms.

BTW my understanding is that Diagbox 7.57 cover all cars up to 2015 so you shouldn't need the later versions of the Diagbox software.
Sorry for the late reply, I was very busy on weekend and dint even try to isntal program again. Or on other laprton and I start belive that it's not issue I think car is having some issues..

"Have you checked the CAN bus resistance in your car. " no I haven't never heard off that and I don't have an clue how to to that.

Is there any tutorial?

·
Registered
290 Posts
"Have you checked the CAN bus resistance in your car. " no I haven't never heard off that and I don't have an clue how to to that.

Is there any tutorial?
Do you have a multimeter? If so all you have do select the Ohms range and measure the resistance between pin 6 and 14 of the OBD connector. This video covers it

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Do you have a multimeter? If so all you have do select the Ohms range and measure the resistance between pin 6 and 14 of the OBD connector. This video covers it
Yes I hav multimeter, but I can't measure anything
This sticks or how you call are so thick :D
Actually there is only one pin on green side?
Number 14

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
You are joking, right? Did you ever use multi-meter? You need to remove caps from "sticks".
You need to measure resistance between pin 6 and 14. That’s the one in the green bit (3up from bottom) and the one opposite. Should be 60 ohm
LOL lol I didn't joke

Damn I can't upload image, but where I should put that switch on multimeter? Where it says dcv?

·
Registered
290 Posts
OK guys I got measurement it says 61.8
Johnathanh suggested you measure the voltage at Pin 16. To do this:
Select DCV 20 on you multimeter
Put the red probe (stick) on Pin 16 (bottom green) and the black probe on Pin 4 (4th from the top black side)
Repeat with the back probe on pin 5 (5th from the top black side)
You should read 12Volts with both measurements

Pin 1 should also have 12Volts
Put the red probe (stick) on Pin 1 (top black) and the black probe on Pin 4 (4th from the top black side)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Johnathanh suggested you measure the voltage at Pin 16. To do this:
Select DCV 20 on you multimeter
Put the red probe (stick) on Pin 16 (bottom green) and the black probe on Pin 4 (4th from the top black side)
You should read 12Volts with both measurements

Pin 1 should also have 12Volts
Put the red probe (stick) on Pin 1 (top black) and the black probe on Pin 4 (4th from the top black side)
Fuck I broke one of my fuses when I tryed measure volts

21 - 40 of 65 Posts