Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a total newbie in car diagnostics software, and I'd appreciate if someone with experience could explain what the difference is between Diagbox and PP. Both are available on this forum, and I thought it would be a good idea to get a diagnostics software and get to know my 407 better, especially in the light of the recent warning messages popping up on my dashboard at random without any apparent reason.

I understand both Diagbox and PP are used to connect to the car's ECU and carry out diagnostics and manage settings. Which is a better software, however? If PP is a dedicated Peugeot tool used in authorised Peugeot centres, is Diagbox a third-party software? Which one would you recommend?

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
PP2000 and Diagbox are roughly the same thing , Diagbox being the newer software ,
PP2000 is a quicker software but will become obsolete over the next few years as Peugeot will stop using it this year ,

no point in getting PP2000 then having to change to Diagbox :thumb:

R

·
0 Posts
lexia is for citreon
planet pp2000 is for peugeot

put both programes into one softwear = diagbox

if your going to buy it you might asswell get diagbox which most new interfaces come with anyway. look out on the forum for jims website in the genral forum he sells everything with the latest softwear :thumb:

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have planet and also being a newbie installed planet then diagbox they both worked fine though diagbox was a lot slower (you have to start diagbox then choose planet off the option list) so basicly if its just for use on your own car then using planet on its own is easier and faster though if your going to attempt using the interface on other vehicles may as well install diagbox with planet and lexia hope that helps :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi. Not sure if I'm in the right place but I'm thinking of getting a diagbox and I am looking for the right place to get more information for it and buy one but I haven't used one before can you please help.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Hi. Not sure if I'm in the right place but I'm thinking of getting a diagbox and I am looking for the right place to get more information for it and buy one but I haven't used one before can you please help.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
If you get Diagbox, aim for an interface with Revision C.

You can get them off ebay, they'll be the cheapest option. Other websites sell them.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
They are the same.... the discs supplied usually contain PP2000 and Diagbox on one disc (PP2000 is also available within the Diagbox installation), and lexia for Citroens on the other. Lexia is also available within Diagbox.

So if you find an interface with rev C, the software discs will contain everything you need and more.

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
I assume you have win 10 64-bit. Planet will only run on 32-bit. Diagbox will run on 64-bit, but when you try to call Planet through Diagbox it will crash because it must have 32-bit.

What I do is install VMWare Player (free). Using that, create a virtual machine XP SP3 32-bit (you will need the disk and key). Then install Planet into that. Works well. Sounds very techy, but it is surprisingly easy, because VMWare is so well documented. When installing Planet, do not plug the Lexia interface in to the PC until prompted.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts