Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had been told that Diagbox/PP2000 would not work on Windows 10... I have just installed it on my one i5 laptop which runs the latest copy of Windows 10 [Creators update] and Diagbox works perfectly on my 2008 407HDi SW. The version I installed is 7.62. I have not tried the PP2000 which is embedded in the Diagbox installation yet to see if it works.

I normally run it from my other i5 laptop which is on windows 7 professional and have a backup on my very old IBM laptop which has a RS232 port and runs on XP SP3 and has much of my BMW and other older software on it which only runs on XP and needs a RS232 port for the interface.

It runs much faster on windows 10 as opposed to windows 7, the laptops are identical i5 Toshibas.

Anyone else running it on windows 10 successfully?

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
The issue is not the OS, it's the hardware.

According to my information, PP2000, whether stand-alone or embedded in Diagbox, will not run on 64-bit systems. It should run on a 32-bit Windows 10, which is probably a rarity, as most Windows 10 systems are sold on 64-bit PCs.

However, if you want to run PP2000 on a 64-bit PC, you can. Just install VMWare Player (free) and create a 32-bit Virtual Machine (best would be XP SP3); then install the Peugeot software into that. I have done three such installations on Win10 64-bit laptops and they run perfectly.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am not really too stressed about running PP2000 under a windows10 platform. I seldom use it anymore. However, my Diagbox/PP2000 installation in my windows 7 pro laptop is a 64 bit installation and PP2000 runs fine there, does not seem to care about the 64bit environment, probably as it sits within the Diagbox environment which rus fine in the 64bit installation. I do use it on that laptop when I do work on my one early yr2000 406hdi. I have a dedicated PP2000 installation on my old XP laptop but have not used that for ages.

I was really just pointing out my surprise that Diagbox actually worked under a windows 10 64 bit environment as all info out there says it should not work. My copy actually has a banner which says not to update the system to windows 10.... but it works...

·
9,519 Posts
Same here mine has worked fine ever since the win7 to win 10 free upgrade on 64 bit

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
70 Posts
My 'software man', who put Windows 10 Pro 64 bit (Version 1803) on my laptop in May this year (2018) advises that incompatibility message will be displayed and the option to run in a compatibility mode will be presented (XP, Win 7 etc). The diagnostic software should then run ok. Therefore he advises to avoid VM software.

Also I have just discovered an Incompatibily Trouble Shooter is presented after searching for 'version' in Settings. Seems this is an option help run software designed for earlier versions of Windows. So it might be possible that Diagabox with PP2000 will indeed run in W10 64, or in my version (1803) ??

Further advice and comments please before I purchase the diagnostic software please!

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I had been told that Diagbox/PP2000 would not work on Windows 10... I have just installed it on my one i5 laptop which runs the latest copy of Windows 10 [Creators update] and Diagbox works perfectly on my 2008 407HDi SW. The version I installed is 7.62. I have not tried the PP2000 which is embedded in the Diagbox installation yet to see if it works.
I realise this in an old post but I thought it might be worth adding my experience with Diagbox in case it is of use to someone else. I installed Diagbox 7.75 on two different PCs: 64bit PC with Windows 10 and 32 bit Netbook running Windows XP SP3.

I then tried both PCs on a Peugeot 307 2002 version (VAN). They both successfully read the car’s VIN and then asked for the DAM number. In the case of the Netbook I was then able to run a Global test using the imbedded version of PP2000. However, the imbedded version of PP2000 would not run on the 64bit Windows 10 machine. Hence, I suspect the version of PP2000 imbedded in Diagbox is not compatible with 64 bit machines. I guess there is a possibility that the Windows 10 64bit installation may work on much newer cars.

There are several applications associated with Diagbox that start when the PC is booted and then run continuously even when Diagbox isn’t running. I don’t particularly like this so I will dedicated an old 32 bit PC to run Diagbox.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
(y) Thank you for the update, I am currently looking at buying the adapter and software to diagnose current problems and was hoping to run it on my 64 bit laptop.
After I posted I looked through the Windows 10 logs and found that there was a incompatibility issue with a 32 bit driver which I think related to PP2000. Some people use VMWare virtual machine to get around this. However, you will need a 32 bit version of Windows to install on the virtual machine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.