Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My laptop is windows 7 with xp running in a virtual machine, and have had success in the past on my 306, my 407 and a member's 207, but tonight I couldn't get a reading from a 2003 307SW.

I'm running Diagbox 7.02 and the following is what happened..

Plug car and laptop in, turn ignition on without starting the car.
Start Diagbox, select Peugeot, then 307
Laptop then displays car Chassis number so there IS a connection.
Then comes the screen where you choose Diagtool or Peugeot Planet 2000. If I choose Diagtool, PP starts anyway, if I choose PP, it asks for a build number, then refuses to start with errors to the effect that the cable is already in use.

I disconnected and reconnected the cable, different USB ports etc several times until it finally stopped whining about the cable already being in use, whereupon all I got was "Unable to read ECU" on two seperate occasions.

Johnkarl and I tried for a good hour before giving up tonight but I thought I'd throw this out there in the hope that I'm doing something wrong and it's an easy fix with a "Doh!" thrown in.....

John1940 is now asking me to scan his 307 and I don't want to drag him all the way here if there's likely to be the same issue.

Any suggestions/ideas?

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ive been having this latelly im sure its after its updated

press ok unplug the tool and put it back in another usb port see if that works
Did this half a dozen or more times - that's how we eventually got to the point where it said it couldn't communicate with the ECU :(

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
Some tools apparently won't work with 307's for some reason. You mention it's worked with a 306, 207 & 407 but not on a 307 before so maybe yours is one of those that doesn't work with them.

·
Registered
496 Posts
I had exactly the same issue when trying Diagbox on another members 2003 307. It defaulted to PP200 withiin diagbox and came up with the same message 'peugeot planet office is being used by another program blah blah' I have planet standalone set up on a second laptop, tried that and it worked fine using the same interface. Seems to be more of a software than a hardware issue with the older 307's.

·
11,873 Posts
I'm running Diagbox 7.02 and the following is what happened..

Plug car and laptop in, turn ignition on without starting the car.
Start Diagbox, select Peugeot, then 307
Laptop then displays car Chassis number so there IS a connection.
Then comes the screen where you choose Diagtool or Peugeot Planet 2000. If I choose Diagtool, PP starts anyway, if I choose PP, it asks for a build number, then refuses to start with errors to the effect that the cable is already in use.
I get this too, and I've seen it on another member's kit.

Just unplug the USB cable, reconnect, maybe into another USB port, and restart Diagbox.

·
Registered
10 Posts
BigSlavey , tried using different usb ports and it still would not work , thanks for trying mate, dam shame it never worked, now the anti pollution fault has come on the screen , can you believe it , it never rains but it pours I tell ya

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The other thing which really puzzled me is when I tried to select diagtool, it loaded PP - is that because diagbox doesn't do 307's? Diagbox comes up no problem on my 407 and on the 207 I looked at a few times over the last few weeks for dregsa

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I had exactly the same issue when trying Diagbox on another members 2003 307. It defaulted to PP200 withiin diagbox and came up with the same message 'peugeot planet office is being used by another program blah blah' I have planet standalone set up on a second laptop, tried that and it worked fine using the same interface. Seems to be more of a software than a hardware issue with the older 307's.
I might try setting up a second VM and installing PP instead of Diagbox - see if that helps at all.

·
Registered
15,090 Posts
I only ever got diagbox to work on a 407 everything else even our taxis I use planet never had any issue with 307s

Seems everyones planet works differently might be a parallel universe :)

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
Diagbox recognised and worked with my 2006 55 plate restyle 307 but won't work with my 04 plate 307. I have a disk image that I load If I need Diagbox for Citroen or later models then reload my disk image with PP2000 for older cars.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts