Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Afternoon guys, need a bit of help if anyone has an idea of the issue.

Reinstalled Diagbox on my XP Professional laptop after the cmos battery went flat. The disk that I had was v6.01/2 and it's uploaded ok, recognised another version and wiped that while installing from disc. Tried to connect to my brothers 206 today and after it recognises the vin I get to the dam number. Enter the first 5 from the door pillar sticker and then it shows the screen with three selections:

Diagtool

Peugeot Planet 2000

Peugeot planet measure

If I try to select ANY of these the egg timer appears, the screen refreshes and it just stays on that screen, it doesn't progress. No matter what I select. It worked perfectly before the cmos went dead on me.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
In the absence of any other advice, I would suggest you identify all the registry entries for Diagbox you can find, uninstall Diagbox and then delete all remaining relevant registry entries. Then run a Registry Cleaner - I use Auslogics - it's free.

Then re-install Diagbox.

If that does not work, backup anything you want to keep, reformat the HDD, reinstall XP and take it from there.

·
11,875 Posts
Sorry, I've never had any luck with anything but Diagbox 7.

I can upload you a copy onto Onedrive if that's any help?

I've got Planet already uploaded there if you need that.

But if it overwrote a previous install that could be the problem. I'm sure they only like fresh installs of XP with no copies of Planet or Diagbox on there.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That would be great if you would Gibbo please. Never used onedrive, only dropbox, and even then not that much. Do I need to create an account or able to access?

I increased the HDD previously and mirrored the old drive (well my brother the IT man did) and it worked fine. Would I need to re-install planet first or will Diagbox go straight on without having to?

·
11,875 Posts
Uploading Diagbox now, will PM you the link when its done.

If it were me I'd wipe the drive, partition it into two and put Planet on one partition and Diagbox 7 on another.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts