Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, the title probably says it all but I'll elaborate.

All updates from 7.xx up to 7.60 work fine but as soon as I install 7.64 I get "data access problem" after the activation tries to go online.

I'm fairly certain it's a network problem as I got the same error when I had the firebirdsql and firebird guardian services turned off in Services, in Windows, when I had v7.60 installed. I switched them back on and it worked away as normal.

So, is there anything 'different' after v7.60?
Was there some additional security applied to the updates?
Anyone else have this problem?
Can I skip 7.64 and get an update somewhere (can't seem to find any online for some reason) to ,like, v7.78 or something?

I've tried turning off my Firewall completely, tried updating the Firebird server, tried uninstalling and reinstalling multiple times (what a pain!), tried running lots of the batch files and exe's in the Diagbox folder, tried swapping over my APPDIAG.SYS file but it hadn't updated recently anyway, tried using an Ethernet cable instead of wifi, tried with no internet too.

I'm assuming it's not a firmware/Lexia3 cable problem since it's not even plugged in.

Also tried searching these forums and the rest of the interwebs, to no avail.

Am I better off just sticking with v7.60? The 'new members' section recommends updating to v7.78 but can't find an update for that..

I'm running on W10 32bit.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Diagbox 7.57 covers up to Nov 2015 (what I am using). Somewhere after this it wants to connect to the internet. So, unless you have a very late model vehicle (+nov2015), don't go past V7.57 and you wont get hassled...;)

Oh, and I have had many problems running it on W10 (32 and 64 bit, tried both) so have reverted back to W7 32bit. Also have it on a dedicated XPproSP3 laptop (with a pile of other software that only works on XP) and it performs faultlessly.

·
6,077 Posts
You cannot use diagbox on-line, it will not connect as you do not have a valid ID/Account with PSA.

Switch off wireless etc when using as it will also try to update and deactivate the program as you are not authorised, just click no if you get a pop-up about connection. It should still connect to most vehicles

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice one.
I suppose I'll stay on 7.60 so for the moment, and see how it goes. It seems to be fine on W10 for me so far anyway.
I was running PP2000 on xp for a while but I was also having problems updating past v22.14, and I really hate xp, so I upgraded to W10.

My car is only 2006 so I suppose most of the bugs and updates for it are pretty much sorted anyway in v7.60. Doesn't mean I won't attempt to update it again and mess around with v8.00 someday when I get bored! :)

So it's ok to keep the internet off when running Diagbox, but it needs to 'see' an internet card, or an internet connection when installing, is that right? I was trying to install it a few weeks ago on a tablet which didn't have a card, only wifi and I kept getting an error 0 when activating.

I'm off to fix my window regulator now, while the sun is shining...

·
Registered
15,086 Posts
In still using 7.22 i think maybe even 7.02 i do not understand peoples need to update constantly mines does every car i have ever plugged into fine and feel no need to update something that works fine :)

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In still using 7.22 i think maybe even 7.02 i do not understand peoples need to update constantly mines does every car i have ever plugged into fine and feel no need to update something that works fine :)
Yea that's fair enough, I'm the opposite though, I always want the latest and the newest and the best! :)

I remember reading a changelog though, can't remember where, whether it was PP2000 or Diagbox, or which version (I've read a lot lately), but the changelog mentioned a fix for a bug in the previous version where if the electric windows were tested that 'something' could not be done again. Not sure what the 'something' was, maybe something like window position memory or something like that.

I know it's not easy to find changelogs either, it might have been an official pdf bulletin from the peugeot website.

I suppose the best thing is just to update as far as you can, and drive on!

·
Registered
15,086 Posts
Thats my point latest and newest is NOT always the best !

The more you update the less planet you get and the more diagbox you get personally i prefer planet

What you need to understand is the software is hacked peugeot software and thats why you cannot use online etc updates can actually make things worse !

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thats my point latest and newest is NOT always the best !

The more you update the less planet you get and the more diagbox you get personally i prefer planet

What you need to understand is the software is hacked peugeot software and thats why you cannot use online etc updates can actually make things worse !
Yea, I know it's hacked/reversed engineered alright. I done a bit of it myself before, just messing around in the assemble code with a debugger. Never got too seriously into it, just wanted to see how it all worked.

I've only used Diagbox and PP2000 a few times each but I think I prefer the simplicity of PP2000.

I did fine a changelog for Diagbox though.. just having a read through it there now.
https://frenchcarforum.co.uk/wiki/Diagbox_Software_Change_Logs_(From_6.39/7.06_On)

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Later versions are likely to be less cooperative with unofficial users, as PSA become better at securing their property. There is a Diagbox v8 and higher, but it's not been hacked/patched and hasn't made it's way in to unofficial channels, or if it has it's very low key.

For me Diagbox v7.49 is the most stable and works with everything I've plugged it into.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So I installed an update to the insider preview of Windows 10 and I got the "data access problem" on Diagbox v7.60. It looks like windows uninstalled the firebird server/service during the update.

I got it working again by first finding the application 'instsvc.exe' in C:\ AWRoot\bin\lib\firebird\bin and then running an admin command prompt in Windows and opening that location with the 'cd' command:

cd C:\AWRoot\bin\lib\firebird\bin

and then just run:

instsvc.exe i

Basically this just installs firebird as a windows service. Then run:

instsvc.exe sta

to start the service..

Not sure if this will work with the later updates, or if there's something else causing the access problem. I'm going to check it out once I make a windows backup, which is much faster than reinstalling Diagbox if something goes wrong!

·
Registered
15,086 Posts
Your commitment is great but most of what you just posted is gibberish to 90 % of people on here most are happy just to have a working system :)

Time will see the later versions hacked by someone and we will then get the updates but most of us will not need them for at least 10 years as the cars we work on are not the latest models.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Your commitment is great but most of what you just posted is gibberish to 90 % of people on here most are happy just to have a working system :)

Time will see the later versions hacked by someone and we will then get the updates but most of us will not need them for at least 10 years as the cars we work on are not the latest models.
Haha.. Yea, that's fair enough. :)
The fix didn't resolve the 7.64 for me anyway, it only fixed the issue I was having with 7.60.

Hopefully some hackers car will get a few fault codes over Christmas!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts