Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How safe is it to pressure wash my 56 plate 207 engine bay? By the looks of things the engine bay have never been cleaned, so its not a pretty sight. Also what products would you guys recommend? Ive already got some carplan demon foam yet to try out!

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
I'm pretty sure I've read many post on here about water leaking from the windscreen washers getting into and running through the inside of a loom and killing the fusebox (could be the ecu) so might not be a good idea to jet wash the engine bay.

I have seen an episode of wheeler dealers where Ed China covered the battery, fusebox, ECU and visible looms / connectors with heavy duty polythene then jet wash the engine bay but that wasn't a 207.

·
Registered
240 Posts
i use a hand pumped /pump up garden sprayer with hot water out of the tap ,cling film areas if your worried,and just let the detergent dwell for 20 mins or so before rinsing it off.if in doubt leave the engine running and go for a blast immediately after before you shut the engine down
(and park on a slope ....lol)
neil

·
Registered
441 Posts
Empty a bottle of the wife's window cleaner (ooh sexist) and purchase some "GUNK" and 5 litres of Paraffin, mix 3 to 1 and spray by hand in engine bay and where ever you may need it. use the same bottle to spray clean warm water over the same area after to clean!

G

·
0 Posts
Use Flash Dash or Tyre foam afterwards for extra effect, it works honest.:thumb:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts