Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Be aware if you are interested in TomTom Live but live in a country where Peugeot rely private importers.

When I considered buying a 3008 I was reading in the marketing brochures about the connected services (live traffic etc) offered through TomTom Live and thought it was cool and fitting for a car that was so modern and already had so much nice technology.

I ended up buying the 3008 and payed extra for the navigation system.

Very happy with the car. Except that I after a long investigation found out that the connected services through TomTom Live is not supported in my country (Sweden). It's not that the TomTom services does not exist in Sweden, it does.

The answer I got from Peugeot is that these services is not working in countries where Peugeot rely private importers. I.e it only works in countries where Peugeot have their own sales branch.

So that's it....it's tremendously disappointing. My dealer have been very helpful in helping me sort this out. But how Peugeot as a company is handling this is very poor, to say the least.

Anyone else in the same situation?

·
Registered
158 Posts
So that's it....it's tremendously disappointing. My dealer have been very helpful in helping me sort this out. But how Peugeot as a company is handling this is very poor, to say the least.

Same situation here in Finland (I did not take the navi though). How is it being marketed in Sweden? Do they advertise any of the live services? If yes, I'd complain to the dealer and the company importing the cars.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've been complaining and they plan to remove the information from the brochures. They hinted that they looking for a solution in the future, but I doubt that.

It was marketed in the printed brochures at the dealers and in the digital brochures on the Swedish Peugeot home page, it's still there. Page 21
http://media.peugeot.se/file/95/4/pb-nya-3008-allure-se-low-final.140954.pdf?lcdv16=1PP8SYDCRKC0A0B0

It shows the traffic on the display and also an icon "TomTom Traffic".

The text in the brochure says "Connected navigation in 3D makes your journey more real. The connected services in TomTom shows important information in real-time on the touch screen or the heads up display (information about the traffic situation, weather, parking, gas stations and so on).

·
Registered
158 Posts
The text says "Connected navigation in 3D makes your journey more real. The connected services in TomTom shows important information in real-time on the touch screen or the heads up display (information about the traffic situation, weather, parking, gas stations and so on).
So you've clearly been sold something that doesn't really exist in the product you received. I'd request the price of the navigator back from the dealer as it clearly doesn't do what it was supposed to.

Use Apple CarPlay or Android Auto/Waze instead - much better. :lol:

·
Registered
338 Posts
Be aware if you are interested in TomTom Live but live in a country where Peugeot rely private importers.

When I considered buying a 3008 I was reading in the marketing brochures about the connected services (live traffic etc) offered through TomTom Live and thought it was cool and fitting for a car that was so modern and already had so much nice technology.

I ended up buying the 3008 and payed extra for the navigation system.

Very happy with the car. Except that I after a long investigation found out that the connected services through TomTom Live is not supported in my country (Sweden). It's not that the TomTom services does not exist in Sweden, it does.

The answer I got from Peugeot is that these services is not working in countries where Peugeot rely private importers. I.e it only works in countries where Peugeot have their own sales branch.

Sorry to hear this but just shows how poor Peugeot treats its customer. Besides, I believe they have missold the vehicle to Swedish customers. Certainly not been forthcoming with the truth about their product. Scandalous!:mad:

·
Registered
241 Posts
Hello,

So you've clearly been sold something that doesn't really exist in the product you received. I'd request the price of the navigator back from the dealer as it clearly doesn't do what it was supposed to.
I believe this is what will happen to Greece too, however Navi is inclusive in Allure Grip trim level and above, so how much money should we ask back?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Hello,

I believe this is what will happen to Greece too, however Navi is inclusive in Allure Grip trim level and above, so how much money should we ask back?
Maybe the cost of upgrading to connect / tomtom with the "active" level :shrug:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hello,
Problem is that if accepting a compensation then there is no way to demand having TomTom Live enabled in your car. It's not that it's not technically possible to enable, but that they lack a deal with TomTom or some other parties in some countries. Or so I believe.

Then again. A compensation is better than nothing. If looking for a compensation then it could be the cost of the satnav or the price of a 3-year subscription to TomTom Live.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts