Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi everyone

i brought my first Peugeot which was a 307 2002 1.6 Petrol over the weekend to get to and from work.

when arrived as stated on ad car hasnt been used in about 6 months, battery was dead as expected so they used jumpe leads started first time fine.

i drove it around that day bare in mind the car was 40 miles from my home i also nipped here and there in it and it started first time everytime, i parked up about 9pm and dont get in it next day to start the car at 12pm.

the car started and it bogged out, i started it again and it bogged out so i started it again and kept revs up for 10 seconds then it was fine, took it round the block also while sat idle for 5mins i just fault ill park back up and go get a price on a new battery, as i turnt ignition off the speedos are still up not at 0 and i have no dash lights or milage showing or working, the radio now dont work etc no electrics apart from iterior light and head lights when trying to start the car but wont fire

i have brought a new alternator and battery, NO JOY, i have had all fuses checked. now its getting expensive, i have had a OBD read it and hve a few codes..please can someone help me

Attachments

·
2,469 Posts
I can understand the battery change...but why the alternator?your making it expensive by chucking parts at it without fault finding first...I would check all the battery leads..and then try to reset the bsi...its all on here how to do that...also check the immobilizer is ok ..the test for that is on here as well...slow down...we can help

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Hi mate, thank you for your message.. I had the alternator installed because I read nunoerous posts before actually coming on here myself, backwards I know lol.

Well it could be an imoboliser fault mate as you saying that u can't open the door remotely I have to open it using the key as the key Bottons are gone lol but I have had many run arounds with that issue such as corsa etc but never thought it could effect the car if it could that is

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok my bad.. but I checked on that bsi reset and I won't be able to hold down lock button for 10seconds as it don't work.

I had used the exact same key when purchased and everything was fine the drive was smooth and a pleasure.

I open door with the key but no electrics work with key in or out apart from interior light and when I turn ignition no mileage is showing etc

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
There's an electrical gremlin somewhere, so as Noddy says, check the earths. The earth on the gearbox is one that sometimes gets overlooked.

Secondly, does the car run rough and lumpy when it's running? You've got a few fault codes on there that point to misfiring cylinders;

P0300, P0301, P1336, P1337, P1338 are multiple misfiring cylinders, then specifies cylinder 1 and 2 respectively. This misfiring could be preventing the car from firing up. Check the plugs and coils.

The P1518 points to the intake manifold runner being stuck open. I've also read that this fault code has something to do with cylinder management not working when the car is under light load or driving flat. Read here for further info, I'm not sure if it'll be relevant though

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Couldn't say it ran rough as I generally fault it was smooth and on idle there was no exaggeration going.

Would the cylinder fault mess up with my electrics also? Or is this some kind of safety mode? Should I get a coil pack also

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Afternoon guys

My friend said he done the earths and fuses check, I am not a mechanic but he also done something where he connected a extra earth or something also.

I've had a quick look at the cables myself haven't got too much of a clue I've took a few pics what I was looking at haha can get more pics or videos if needed

My dash looks like this currently now in the attached pic and when the ignition is turnt.. no lights nothing? And my speedos are stuck

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Saying that mate my pal did check the battery he said it was fine I also brought one from Halfords no joy so took it back

I have just got some wd40 and a brissle brush going to clean it up now I saw a video online how to lol

I'll clean everything else visible too
I'll update outcome

1 - 20 of 39 Posts