Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all, im new here as you can see and in dying need of some advice!

driving home from work last night in my 306 1.4 LX and suddenly when i change gear it loses power and stutters and then gains power again. it then started to sound rough and when i pulled up outside my house there was a very strong smell of petrol. ive no idea what this could be any ideas?? thanks in advance

C

·
0 Posts
Lordy, many things, but the whiff of gasoline makes it likely to be a fuelling issue. Blocked filter, nacked pump, split/loose hose, a problem with the throttle body, something along those lines is a good starting point.

If you don't know what you're looking at get it towed to a garage - it could go up in seconds and there'll be bugger all you can do to stop a fuel fire once it takes old, and if your insurers discover you knew of a fault and still chose to drive it they'll give you a pistol whipping.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hi and thanks for your replies, when i pulled up outside my house there was a few spots on the floor that did smell of fuel, but since i turned the engine off there has been nothing leaking, i fired it up again this morning and its still the same i.e sounds rough and stinks of petrol...but no leaks.
i guess it could be injector needle blocked? O rings bust? i got no idea, just hope its not expensive

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hi all ive fixed the problem, it was a knackered fuel injector. changed offending injector and normal service has been resumed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts