Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so here we have what seems to be a fault message that everyone gets sooner or later, but what is the real fix for this annoying fault?

I have a 2005 2.0l HDI SW RHR engine vehicle. The 'Depolution System Fault' only ever seems to come on when im driving the car and never with the wife driving!!! If i accelerate slightly harder than normal 'driving miss daisy' acceleration then there is a 90% chance the fault appears with the engine light on and only now and then will it go in to 'Limp mode' at the same time!

The engine light and depolution fault will stay on for about 6-7 ignitions or for a day or two, (normally goes off when the car is left overnight). The 'Limp Mode' however comes and goes depending on how hard i accelerate. I have got use to gentle driving and changing through the gears fast when this happens!

We live on the Isle of Wight and only have one road of about .75 mile where we can get up to 70 or so, so the car only has this fault when i floor it up this road, the rest of the time is every time we drive on the mainland like this past weekend to London. The light and limp mode came on when on the Millbrook by-pass and stayed on 90% of the time all weekend round and in and out of London. The motorways was a nightmare having to drive in and out of limp mode!

Ok, so yes we use supermarket fuel, but this full tank had a bottle of Wynns DPF cleaner in it. We have had the car on a Delphi reader and it comes up with no faults at all. The Elloys is at 900ml and it is being used at 9 grams per dose. Can not do a forced re-gen of the DPF, my guy seems to think the ECU will only allow so many re-generations. Have noticed the 'Depolution System Fault' is 99% likely to come on once we have filled the tank and are leaving the fuel station! We have until now allowed the low fuel light to come on before we filled up but then normally only around £20 per time. We have read that this is not much good as we will go through the Elloys too quickly and so i have now told the wife to fill up at least half a tank at a time and when its on quarter level.

Just had the clutch and DMF changed Thursday last week and she drives lovely. I get the odd bulb fault now and then, but more a case of a bad earth i dare say there. Biggest issue is this damn 'Depolution System Fault', does anyone have any accurate help and advice for me to get this sorted out?

I have seen that this fault is a generic fault code, but why will it only come on when i drive it and only then once we have just filled the car to the brim???

Looking forward to trying out all your ideas!!!!!! Not, but must!!!

·
11,787 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im only here for advice and to give any advice i have had of problems solved of my own!
So with regards to it being rather rude, what else do you honestly expect???

Dont panic, i will delete my own account, thank you very much!!!

Admin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nothing mentioned about an introduction or not using this site to get the answers you want!!!!!!

Oh and yes i have done a big search and while it seems like a generic fault there is no conclusive posts to this effect. So my question will stand at present thank you.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Do you have a Peugeot dealership in the Isle of Wight? You need to get a proper Peugeot diagnostic done to find the cause of the fault, non-Peugeot diagnostic equipment will not give the true cause.

·
11,787 Posts
Im only here for advice and to give any advice i have had of problems solved of my own!
So with regards to it being rather rude, what else do you honestly expect???
So where have you been in all the years this forum has been active?

There's no need to fly off the handle, its a very reasonable request and common courtesy.

If you don't like it then feel free to pay £80+VAT at your local Peugeot dealer for their advice.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Gibbo, i have been on pugnet!!!!! oh and i have only been there for about a year as i have only got a 306 2.0l hdi meridian est, a 407 2.0l hdi sw and a 206 cc 1.6l hdi and have only had them for about 18 months or so.

Having read through many posts i have yet to have seen an introduction from a member! It seems more appropriate just to get right to the point! I did read the rules regards posting first and as i said before, nothing was mentioned about an introduction or not! Though i am surprised that as a moderator you're not concerned with rule 3!

I run my own business here on the Isle of Wight working both here and all over that mainland. I often get customers and other tradesmen who ask me questions regards faults with boilers, air conditioners or under floor heating systems and im always happy to advise. People today don't seem to be that interested in giving out an introduction or any potentially security sensitive information on-line and i would never ask for it. To expect your members to give an introduction before they ask for information they are looking for seems to me to be going a little over the top. The bottom line is that this is an information site for help and assistance with Peugeot vehicles and not a social network such as facebook. The nature of this beast is to have answers to the questions you post and not necessarily to make friends!

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
The Isle of Wight is not the ideal place for a modern diesel, there are no roads long enough for regens to complete. I used to holiday there many years ago and as far as I can recall the longest road where you could maintain any sort of speed was Military Road at the back of the island and even that road is not long enough for a successful regen. I would suspect your problems to be because of many unsuccessful regen attempts, I think there is a maximum number of unsuccessful attempts before you start getting problems and errors displayed. As I said earlier the only answer is to get a proper Peugeot diagnostic done.:thumb:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Many thanks for that one mooi1uk. You may very well be right however we very rarely get the problem on the Island. It seems to be as soon as we open her up on the mainland motorways!!! It does seem a strange one, however reading elsewhere i have noticed a thread about air in the fuel pipe from the filter to the pump. I have noticed a few air bubbles, (around the size of a pea), sat in the clear fuel line as it passes over the engine. It almost seems as you accelerate a bit harder its possible air is being pulled into the pump and then the injector!!!! I might see if i can bleed this off first to see if it helps. Also i may as well flush out the DPF and put it back on. If its not able to regen it can only help im sure.

Will find a PP2000 and see what the codes are. I only have a basic OBD reader but i does read fuel pressure that could be another cause if you look through the threads!!! A mate is a diesel pro with his own business and his Delphi equipments couldn't read any issues! so yes, a proper code reader may very well be needed. Will point me in the right direction!!!!!! :thumb:

·
5,891 Posts
The symptoms sound like sticking vanes in turbo, I would expect codes logged to be for over boost, Could also be repeat sensor or boost controller but I would expect that to occur in normal driving.

A basic code reader should pick this up but if you have five good starts "driving like miss daisy" the code will clear and light should go out and then may not show on code reader.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Many thanks Windy, certianly food for thought and would make sense for the acceleration!!!!!! will a dismantle of the ERG valve, butterfly valve and parts i can get to without changing the boost of the turbo, and a damn good clean help out you think????

Just wondering if there is a ERG cleaner i can spray directly in the air box on the market??

will do a little snooping.

cheers:thumb:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yep there is ERG valve cleaners!!!!

Will give this go tomorrow and see how she runs with a clean each day for the next few days. May well be filthy and in desperate need though no sign whatsoever around the manifold. Not like my 306, the manifold seems to ooze black oily gum from the manifold to turbo down pipe area!!!!

Will give it a whirl!:lol:

·
Registered
89 Posts
I had something like this happen to me. Engine light came on when joining the motorway and accelerating hard. It was sticking vanes on the turbo causing an over boost fault and rather than take the manifold off etc to clean I put a bottle of forte turbo cleaner in the tank and it cleared itself. Do a search for the stuff, seems highly thought of and not snake oil like some other brands. You'll find a few reviews on it over the net... It worked for me.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
741 Posts
Mine's just developed the turbo over boost fault, so going to give the Forte Turbo Cleaner a go.
A quick Google has found quite a few VW owners who recommend it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts