Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had this come up on the display yesterday. Plugged it in and got 2 faults.

1. Intake air temp sensor cir 2. Circuit high Code P0098

2. Coil Circuit Code P1351.

Can any one tell me what it means please. Cheers Steve.:confused:

·
Registered
149 Posts
I still have the p1351 on my 2.0 diesel, have checked and getting a supply to the glow plug loom, I undid the plug near the turbo control solenoid and checked for voltage there which was present, so Relay looks to be working. Glow plugs difficult to get to and I plan to leave it till the spring when the weather is warmer.

I would be interested to know where the ecu gets it's signal to say if glow plugs are energised?

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
You can measure the glow plug resistance between ground and each of the pins in the 4 pin connector close to the turbo control solenoid.

It should be 1.3-1.4 Ohms if I remember correctly if it is in good order.

A non working glow plug would normally not have any contact at all.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
No idea about the last one. However I only though the ECU would trigger the relay with a single signal.

But there's several wires in that relay plug so sure it do check something :)

·
Registered
149 Posts
Just checked mine as you described and three pins give readings of 1.1ohms and the fourth pin 0! Its the pin nearest the rounded end of the plug and connects to the green wire in the loom from the relay, anyone know which glowplug this would be?

What actually has to be removed to change them? when I looked in the haynes it said to take loads of parts off and I really don't want to start a big job in the drive this weather!

Hope three working plugs will get me through the winter......

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I think they will, I also noticed that DPF regens would work with 3 plugs. But if you loose one more I think the DPF will start clogging up.

I can't recall which is which. If you take off the breather pipe first, and then remove the EGR cooler and EGR valve you gain some good access.

However my problem started when I was to remove the plug closest to the cambelt. I couldn't really get it of without taking off the EGR elbow which bolts to the exhaust manifold. It was rusted after 310000kms, so bolts broke. Had to take engine out to drill out remains and re-tap. I wasn't really smiling that evening :)

Looking at this pic indicates that it ain't necessary to take the elbow off after all though.. :)

This plug disintegrated during disassembly..

Edit: Pic is after engine was taken out btw.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Thanks, I take it the cooling system has to be disturbed then?

I think I will get a set of plugs and have a think about changing them. Need to pick a time when I can do without the car for a few days in case it becomes troublesome!

It strikes me a lot of what should be simple jobs are made difficult on this car due to access! Shame the engine isn't 3" or 4" further forward from the bulkhead...

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the replies guys. Where abouts do I find this air intake sensor. The mech at work had a little hand held device which he plugged into the car. Don't know what make it was. It gave him the fault codes and what it was. He then cleared them. The depollution fault stayed off for a day. But then came on as I left work tonight.

Steve.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
GSF have them on the shelf :)

You shouldn't need to clear the faults with planet mine cleared it's self after a couple of miles !

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Hi. Ive ordered one off ebay now. I took mine out today just to have a look at it. It was covered in shite (looked like carbon deposits) One of the small wires has broken. Is it normal to be clogged up. Cheers Steve.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts