Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Swapped my estate for hdi 136 sw. First day i had it this started coming up and turbo not working intermitantly the power comes and goes then sometimes no turbo at all any ideas ? Dealer i had it from is cleaning egr valve is that what it is ?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cleaning an EGR valve helps a bit but I think the usual route is replacement.
If completely cleane properly wudnt this just be the same as a new one ? As i heard if you soak it in brake cleaner over night it comes up like brand new. And is it the egr valve that causes this warning ? As i read another thread where sensor attached to turbo had gone and the guy had to buy a new turbo

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No because its worn and has been operating with gunk on it. Nothing lasts forever.

Get a diagnostic to find where the problem is.
Problem is trying to convince the garage to do a diagnostic or replace egr. All they done today is put some stuff in my fuel and they expect it to fix it i suppose they will try do nothing under the warranty if they can

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Where are you I am Teesside got the gear not great with it but would plug in for you if near by

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
No good but thx for the offer i live about 4 miles from the west bromwich albion ground is the common problem for this message the egr ? As i dont wana push them to replace egr under warranty an its not fixed then they will be funny with me

·
11,775 Posts
I tried contacting someone off that list before to get my key added but they ignored me not many round by me just the one and if they dont message back i cnt do much lol. I might buy pp when i got the money spare going on hols soon lol thx anyway. Is it usually the egr though with this message ? Thx
Try the new map:

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF&msa=0&msid=214397633218647067111.0004dc947e5c1752ca0a2

The old one is very old and the members may have moved on.

If you click their profile its says when they were last online.

Warlord in Coventry appears to be your nearest active member.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sorry don't know I had fault codes and my HUD was showing pollution fault turbo was fine except if you mean limp mode

Hi mines in limp mode says depollution system fault though not pollution fault. Also my turbos fine because when i first start it up it works for a minute until fault comes back if turbo was faulty it wud never boost. Im going to take my car to halfords see what there machine reads i get free tests there as my work send all our cars there

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Don't let them repair anything. Just get a diagnostic.check done. Post the faults.

Sent from my GT-S5690
Hi david new car new problem :D never ending. This 2.0 136 seems alot better though apart from i cnt get to turbo its down back and cambelt like a rite pain its rite at the back with about an inch space to work might be more when case is off but car drives great apart from limp mode.
And i wnt let halfords repair anything where is the egr on this model ?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Egr is buried at the back of the engine on the right looking in. Blank at the pipe coming from the egr to the inlet manifold.

Sent from my GT-S5690
So it is possible to get it off through the bonnet i havnt got to go underneith because it looks like to get to the turbo ect you have to go underneith up back of engine

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Just looked in Haynes think yours is same place as mine

It's back right of engine to get at it remove battery, air pipes, wiper arms, windscreen shuttle on mine you can see it now. You can remove top in situ you should be able to blank without removal

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
By the way if you do go look at the egr check the air filter is mounted firmly and not sat on the plastic coolant pipe that runs across back of engine if that holes it's a pig of a job pipe alone is nearly £80

Mines 2.0 hdi 136 mate my air filter is at the front i was going to mention that with your last post saying take off wipers ect i thought u had got confused lol when you said my egr the same as yours

1 - 20 of 23 Posts