Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, First post on here. with new car (2006)
I have an engine management light on the dash and the warning comes up on the display, depollution system faulty. The car runs fine and is not in limp mode.
I have plugged in a snap on diagnostic in and it only shows the fault.
P1435 Additive system No communication with additive ECU. I have also tried to activate the additive pump but it will not communicate. The DPF shows normal.
I have removed the fuses in the engine fuse box and cleaned and i have also removed the connectors on the BSI and cleaned. This has made no difference apart from the outside temperature reads too low now.
I can not find a connector with ADDGO written on it. other members have advised to remove this but I don't see it anywhere on the Siemens BSI.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Andy

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
If your engine management ECU is expecting a signal from the additive ECU, then unplugging the unit probably won't do much to help.

Try getting the car on Diagbox or Peugeot Planet. Snap-On gear is OK for most things, but sometimes even the best generic diagnostic tools can't do what PP or Diagbox can do. They should be able to give you a little bit more information regarding any faults.

The P1435 refers to a few different faults (as they are non-EOBD specific), and most of them refer to fuel and additive faults, but ONLY on Bosch systems.

If you've got a Siemens system, then it could be a bogus fault code, or the fault could be with the A/C temperature circuit.

This is why Diagbox or Planet is best for fault finding.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Don't keep driving it until the problem is fixed. A blocked DPF can cause more issues later on.

First of all, what engine do you have? 1.6 HDi I am guessing.

How many miles has the car done?

When was the last time the additive tank was topped up?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay I found the ADDGO box removed and cleaned the connectors the fault has now cleared and i heard the additive pump running for a while. The only problem now is the car is showing the fuel cap is open which it wasn't before.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts