Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Over the last 2 weeks I had some issues with my 207 1.6 110hp (petrol), the following:

2 weeks ago: The check engine light turned on and the car lost some power. After turning it off and on again, power was back to normal and the check engine light was gone.

1 week ago: The check engine light tuned on but the power was not gone. Turned it off and on again and the light turned off.

Last Saturday: The light turned on and this time there was a message 'Depollution System Faulty'. Today, 2 days after it appeared, the light is still on and the message still shows when I turn it on.

Is there a quick and easy way to know the exact issue? I've hear from a mate that owned a 1.4 petrol that he used CATACLEAN and the problem disappeared, should I try that?

Cheers

PS: This is my first peugeot, bought it just a month ago and has all the service stamps so I thought it'd be perfect. I barely did 500 miles with it yet...

·
Registered
27 Posts
I feel you pal, only had mine for 2 days before i got the anti pollution fault on mine and its still showing up. ive sent my ecu in for a test and rebuild hopefully this will sort out the fault.
You will need it diagnosed on planet or diagbox to find out exactly whats causing the depollution fault otherwise its like a needle in a haystack scenario.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
+1 to maully407, the best way to find out what the issue is, is to get live data and fault codes using diagbox, the depollution message is a catch-all and covers pretty much any fault that affects the engine management

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you both. So do you think something like this should do the trick?

PP2000 Lexia-3 Diagbox V7.65 +30PIN Diagnostic Scanner Tool for Peugeot Citroen (google -> ebay, as I can't post links)

·
Registered
27 Posts
yes £100 is about right, just make sure its full chip or rev. C, as some chinese clones can give false readings as i discovered with an ebay kit.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I feel you pal, only had mine for 2 days before i got the anti pollution fault on mine and its still showing up. ive sent my ecu in for a test and rebuild hopefully this will sort out the fault.
You will need it diagnosed on planet or diagbox to find out exactly whats causing the depollution fault otherwise its like a needle in a haystack scenario.
In your case, what did the diagbox tell you after using it?

I'll try a cheap ECU reader to see if I can get any info from it and I'll buy the good one on pay day.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Cheap readers aren't very good at reading Peugeots.

Contact a member local to you who has the equipment, you can do a quick search here. If they can help you out, you can save on buying a cheap reader, and use that money to get Diagbox yourself :D

·
Registered
27 Posts
@ death knight,
the only 2 things to show up after a diagnostic were that the lambda sensors werent performing as they should.
i have had diagbox for a couple of years though and still learning how to use it,
just be careful when you get yours as you can screw up your car.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you all.

Just as a short update:

The generic reader I used said it was a P1337, I disassembled the coil pack and changed the rubber ends between the 4 ignition coils, after 1 minute of running, both engine light and error indication disappeared. Only drove a few miles after that but it seems so far so good. I should probably change the coil pack for a new one since the problem of this one might appear again.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts