Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I bought a 55reg 307 2.0 HDI sport about 4 weeks ago. Last saturday I filled up and when I used it the following day it would occasionaly jump around a bit in low revs but other than that was running ok. Got it diagnosed and it flaged up a fault of the fuel cap. Was going to try a new fuel cap and failing that a new sensor. Well today before I could do any of that the engine management light came on and I had a message come up saying "Depollution system fault"
The turbo doesnt seem to be kicking in either now this has happened.

Anyone got any ideas??

·
Registered
160 Posts
Hi there,

I bought a 55reg 307 2.0 HDI sport about 4 weeks ago. Last saturday I filled up and when I used it the following day it would occasionaly jump around a bit in low revs but other than that was running ok. Got it diagnosed and it flaged up a fault of the fuel cap. Was going to try a new fuel cap and failing that a new sensor. Well today before I could do any of that the engine management light came on and I had a message come up saying "Depollution system fault"
The turbo doesnt seem to be kicking in either now this has happened.

Anyone got any ideas??
Hi. You need to get a diagnostics. Contact one of the members on this forum, there is a map and everything.

What is probably happening is your car is going into safe mode. Common faults are:

: Fuel cap presence sensor. Checking the fuel cap itself is easy, just take it off and visually inspect it for magnet.
: glow plugs. Need planet for this one.
: no more eloys fluid (regen fluid)

Generally the car is going to be a bitch about doing regen untill most if not all engine faults are corrected.

Also you probably have a turbo solenoid fault intermittent, they seem to generate these when the dpf is acting up.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you, I took it to a garage down the road from me yesterday and he plugged it in, he said it may have gone into limp mode due to the cap fault that is coming up. He has now turned the engine management light out and I have a turbo again. Have replaced the fuel cap and will be replacing the sensor on Thursday when the part turns up. Will I need to go and get the fault removed once I've done this?

Thank you!! X

·
Registered
100 Posts
Been here, done this!
The fuel cap sensor is only about £20 and I put it off for months!
What happens is that the ECU cannot tell when you have filled the tank. Its supposed to measure the amount of fuel put in and put a specific dose of eloys fluid into the tank however it does not do this as it doesn't know when you've filled up.
The car will not regen with this fault and thus can lead to further faults with the DPF.

My turbo went shortly after so that was replaced, I cleaned out the DFP, changed some injectors and generally have the car a good looking over, changing to many things to really be helpful really.

I was having a faults flagging up saying the DFP was blocked, then the pressure differential sensor failing and now the car thinks the DPF is 'not present' so have given up on it for now.

On peugeot plant there is a % parameter showing how blocked the DPF is and I found that although the car had not regened for thousands of KM, the occasional cruise at 3K brings that right back down (manual forced regen... kinda!).

I would start with getting the car on a reader and find out the nature of the beast, exactly what its complaining about.
Then you know what to tackle ;)

Best regards.

-Jvr

1 - 6 of 6 Posts